ccleaner has stopped working

wisua

Guest Stephen CCleaner

Please can you describe your issue in a bit more detail? This will help us to understand the issue and to try to reproduce it ourselves.

• When does it stop working? (e.g. when it launches, during clean)
  • What behaviour do you see? (e.g. the CCleaner window turns white and a message says "CCleaner has stopped responding" or "the CCleaner window freezes and if I click on the buttons nothing works")

I am seeing similar issues since upgrading systems from 5.41 to 5.42 -- particularly on Window 2008R2 system.     I can install the upgrade and run Analyze.   However, CCleaner64.exe crashes immediately after clicking the Run Cleaner button

15 hours ago, Stephen Piriform said:

Please can you describe your issue in a bit more detail? This will help us to understand the issue and to try to reproduce it ourselves.

• When does it stop working? (e.g. when it launches, during clean)
  • What behaviour do you see? (e.g. the CCleaner window turns white and a message says "CCleaner has stopped responding" or "the CCleaner window freezes and if I click on the buttons nothing works")

(win 7 Home, Service Pack 1, 64 bit)  -opened CCleaner Pro, -hit the "Run" button, -hit the "continue" button beside ...files will be deleted... warning. 2-3secs later program goes lighter colour, and we get the "CCleaner has stopped working" windows is checking for a solution to the problem, then switches to "a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. Note, the program did not close,and had to be shutdown manually. p.s. have used this program for years without a hitch, before using this update (5.42.6495) (64-bit)

Yes, ccleaner has stopped working since the latest upgrade on my machine, also. Windows 10, ccleaner v5.42.6495 (64 Bit). It opens as usual, and the 'Analyze" button performs as it should. As soon as I click 'Run' it either opens a "Program stopped working" window or just simply shuts down and disappears. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire program; that does not resolve the issue.

I have exactly the same problem here with Windows 10 1709 Build 16299.402 x64 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 18.0.0.405(g).

If I close Kaspersky completely, CCleaner works; whitelisting CCleaner in Kaspersky has no effect. In a virtual machine with Windows 10 x86 and Avast I don't have this problem.

5 hours ago, JerryM said:

Windows 10, ccleaner v5.42.6495 (64 Bit). It opens as usual, and the 'Analyze" button performs as it should. As soon as I click 'Run' it either opens a "Program stopped working" window or just simply shuts down and disappears. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the entire program; that does not resolve the issue.

Ditto. I am using the "Professional" version, if that makes a difference.

Is there any way to roll back to or install the previous version, since no one at Piriform seems to care about this issue?

• Moderators
29 minutes ago, Kym said:

Ditto. I am using the "Professional" version, if that makes a difference.

Is there any way to roll back to or install the previous version, since no one at Piriform seems to care about this issue?

Older versions are on right-hand side of page

https://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.
Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is acailable.

v5.42.6495(64 Bit) Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
AMD Anthlon II X4 635 Processor, 8.0 GB  RAM NVIDA GeForce 8400GS

04/29/2018 22:07 GMT

Same problem when running either pro or free ccleaner on Win 10 Pro with Kaspersky Small Office Security; no such problem on another Win 10 Pro system using BitDefender.  On the first system, I removed Kaspersky & installed Emsisoft; ccleaner now works normally.  So it appears to be a Kaspersky issue.