5.42 crashes on Server 2008 R2

I have CCleaner version 5.42 installed on Windows Server 2008 R2 running inside Oracle VirtualBox.

When I click "Run Cleaner",  It crashes with a pop-up dialog that says "CCleaner has stopped working.  Windows can check online for a solution to the problem..."

If I drop back to version 5.41, it runs without a problem.

i got the same problem i use windows 10 pro the latest version i keep my pc up to date in my windows and on my programs and drivers. after i update the new version of ccleaner v5.42.6495 when i go to run it the program stop working windows they can not find or fix the problem and after this i go to make restart on my pc to uninstall it and i get and my first blue screen :(. This version is very very bad not working and the version 5.41 haves some bad bugs try from filehiippo the version 5.40 is working very very nice is like the old very good ccleaner ;)

Guest Stephen CCleaner
8 hours ago, daril666 said:

i got the same problem i use windows 10 pro the latest version i keep my pc up to date in my windows and on my programs and drivers. after i update the new version of ccleaner v5.42.6495 when i go to run it the program stop working windows they can not find or fix the problem and after this i go to make restart on my pc to uninstall it and i get and my first blue screen :(. This version is very very bad not working and the version 5.41 haves some bad bugs try from filehiippo the version 5.40 is working very very nice is like the old very good ccleaner ;)

Please see:

This thread is for Windows Server 2008 issues only.

I am seeing similar issues since upgrading systems from 5.41 to 5.42 -- particularly on Window 2008R2 system.     I can install the upgrade and run Analyze.   However, CCleaner64.exe crashes immediately after clicking the Run Cleaner button

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, lnxcwby said:

Seeing the same issue persist into v5.43 on Server 2008R2...  5.41 still works great.

Ugh, that's disappointing.  I was planning on trying that later.  Would be nice to see devs address this.  Guess no one cares about the "older" versions of Windows Server.  :-(

• Moderators

I do believe the devs are working on this, sorry this release did not fix the issue.  I've alerted the devs to this.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Filehippo has the older versions to download. Look on the right of the page.

Sorry can't link from this phone.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators
47 minutes ago, VTEDDIE said:

Please let me know where I can get this file.

https://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/history/

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com