CCleaner Pro changed my Firefox settings

DanyBo

I have used CCleaner free for years and years and was very satisfied.
So I decided CCleaner deserved to be paid and bought the Pro version.
My Comodo Antivirus warned me that CCleaner tried to change my Firefox settings.
Thinking the program knows what it does I okayed this.

Now I discover:
My home page (Google Agenda) has been changed.
Also : For downloads I opted to have Firefox ask me - this was changed into the Download map

This is all I discovered so far.

I am quite upset about this. Why does CCleaner pro change such settings?
At least the program could ask me if it can change these things.

Not happy!!!!!!!!!!!

• Moderators

Pro and free are identical in their cleaning (the same would have occured if you still used free).  As far as what happened, can you furnish us with the ccleaner version number (don't say latest as this mean nothing give the version number), firefox version (same) and windows version.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Many have reported the comodo warning, but you're saying some preferences/settings are being reset.

Can you screenshot the firefox section of ccleaner, so we can see what you have checked off. 

Conversely you could right click each firefox section and choose clean, and checking firefox after each one for the reset.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

• Moderators

Thanks, i'll point the devs in the direction of this thread.  My only other suggestion - besides right clicking and choosing clean one-at-a-time to see which the offending entry is - is to try it in english and see if the same occurs (maybe an error in the language file...low probability though).

My Comodo again gives me a warning that CCleaner wants to clean my settings. I do not okay.
As for your suggestions:
When and where should I rightclick? Note that CCleaner gives me no say in the matter. I start up Firefox and it seems to immediately want to do something about the settings.
Change the language: of which program? CCleaner? Firefox? This seems quite useless as I would think that the options I chose would be on same location in English and Dutch.
I did change CCleaner to English

Note:

I opened CCleaner and decided to clean up my cookies (normaly cleaning cookies is not cheched) as I started this I again got warning that CC was trying to change Firefox settings.

I also thought about something:
I said I did not have the issue when using CCleaner free. But : I never let CCleaner free run on startup.
On the other hand - as I now got the message when I started cleaning cookies - I did that in the past and never got the message then.

• 1 month later...

No answer yet?
I am getting the Comodo warning all the time again and I don't let CCleaner change the settings.
I would first want to see what changes CCleaner will make.

At the moment I see no advantage using the Pro version. On the contrary. I also constantly get annoying message that CCleaner cleaned my browser.

• Moderators

It's probably the Monitoring in CCleaner that's causing you the issue, you could turn it off to test that, it's located in CCleaner at:
Options > Monitoring

Then perhaps restart your computer to make sure it's actually been turned off.