sfc /scannow finds errors every time after cleaning

sfc /scannow finds errors every time after cleaning with ccleaner. IErrors found in the cbs.log. What do i have to uncheck in ccleaner to avoid running sfc /scannow to repair after cleaning? Example errors are below. CBS>log is too big to upload but will send to you if you wish. This does not happen with any other disk cleaner (tested several others) only ccleaner.

2018-04-09 11:00:38, Info                  CSI    00003982 Error: Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \??\C:\windows\ELAMBKUP in component Windows-Defender-Drivers-Backup, version 10.0.16299.15, arch amd64, nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}

2018-04-09 11:00:38, Info                  CSI    00003983 Warning: Overlap: 1 directory duplicate ownerships detected.

2018-04-09 11:01:54, Info                  CSI    00004437 Error: Overlap: Duplicate ownership for directory \??\C:\windows\SysWOW64\nb-NO in component Microsoft-Windows-Installer-Engine.Resources, version 10.0.16299.15, arch Host= amd64 Guest= x86, culture [l:5]'nb-NO', nonSxS, pkt {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}

5 hours ago, APMichael said:

There are no cleaning rules which clean those directories. Did you include "Custom Files and Folders"? Or did you use extensions like "winapp2.ini"?

Hello,

Thank you both for your reply. I did not include "Custom Files and Folders" and this section is empty and unchecked. There are a lot more errors (5.6 MB of them) in the CBS.LOG text file. I only posted a sample. I do not understand using extensions like "winapp2.ini" and have not added anything similar.

2 hours ago, Andavari said:

More info would be helpful:
* What operating system you're using.
* What version of CCleaner you're using.

Also if you're by chance using the registry cleaner try to refrain from using it.

System Specs are below and I do not use the registry cleaner. Thank you.

CCleaner Version  5.41.6446 (64-bit) being used.

Computer Alienware 17 R4
Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)Version 1709 (OS Build 16299.334)
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz
Graphics Intel® HD Graphics 630 / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
Memory 16 GB
Storage SanDisk X400 M.2 2280 128GB (DATA) / Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB (OS)

8 hours ago, APMichael said:

Are the errors only logged in the "cbs.log" file? Or does "sfc /scannow" also output that it found errors (and fixed them)?

Hello,

sfc /scannow" outputs that it found errors and fixed them. 

Thank you

Ok, something corrupts your system files. Sadly, I can't tell you what. :(

As far as I know there are no cleaning rules that will touch those windows system files or directories. And I never had that problem on any system using CCleaner.

Did you check the health of the Windows image already? Command:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

4 hours ago, APMichael said:

Ok, something corrupts your system files. Sadly, I can't tell you what. :(

As far as I know there are no cleaning rules that will touch those windows system files or directories. And I never had that problem on any system using CCleaner.

Did you check the health of the Windows image already? Command:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Typically, when I clean up I

1. run ccleaner, both clean up and registry cleaner,

2. run Auslogics reg cleaner

3. run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

4. run sfc /scannow

5. run chkdsk with options /f /r /x which as you know requires a reboot.

This is how I discovered ccleaner was the culprit. It did not corrupt files before this incident. I ran sfc /scannow before and after running ccleaner exclusively and noted the corrupt files.

I ran Wise Disk Cleaner in separate instance while running sfo /scannow before and after and noted no corruption. Hope this helps

• Moderators

You said yesterday that you did not use the registry cleaner.

System Specs are below and I do not use the registry cleaner.

Now you say this is part of your usual cleaning routine

Typically, when I clean up I

1. run ccleaner, both clean up and registry cleaner,

2. run Auslogics reg cleaner

If you are doing all the things you say it may not be surprising that you have errors.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

1 hour ago, hazelnut said:

You said yesterday that you did not use the registry cleaner.

Now you say this is part of your usual cleaning routine

If you are doing all the things you say it may not be surprising that you have errors.

Okay, I said this is my NORMAL procedure. When the scan returned errors and repaired them then I ran it one more time to confirm there were no errors. I then ran the cleaner portion of ccleaner ONLY. Then I ran sfo / scannow and errors were detected. It IS surprising that I started receiving errors since my cleaning routine which I have used for YEARS completely corrects anything and everything.

I am not going to debate here...ccleaner is the cause of the errors. THREE other cleaners I tested with SFC  /scannow both before and after and the ONLY time there are errors are with ccleaner. That’s it and that’s all. 

We can mark this topic closed as I have made the report, answered your questions, and only resolution in site is to wait for an update on ccleaner and test that. In the meantime...use another cleaner. Thank you all for your interests and responses.