1st Recovery Seems to Have Worked, but Files Missing

kevos

Hello,

This isn't really a problem because I was able to both successfully recover my files and find them on the 2nd try, but I was just curious.

So, after running Recuva for the 1st time last night, I got the message saying that my files had been successfully recovered. When I began the process I decided to have Recuva store the recovered files in an empty folder on my Desktop. The way I created the folder was by clicking the button "Make New Folder" (or something like it) that appears in the Recuva program when you are choosing where to restore the files.

Even though Recuva said my files were successfully recovered, I couldn't find the folder I created. It didn't appear on my Desktop, nor would the files show up in my searches (they did after the 2nd time). The only difference between the 1st and 2nd recoveries is that, for the 2nd one, I had Recuva send the recovered files to a built-in hard drive instead of my Desktop. 

I was wondering if anyone's experienced that? I mostly just want to figure out if the 1st recovery does in fact exist somewhere so I can get rid of those extra files (or possibly use them as back-up).