Misleading statistics

Stortman

I run CCleaner on Windows 7 and Windows 10 platforms. Before, when I ran back to back cleans, the number of files removed diminished. This made sense.

Now, after the most recent update, running back to back cleans does not result in a no more files left to delete scenario. This does not make sense.

For example, every time I run the cleaner on my laptop, a new clean straight after the previous one, it reports that about 110 tracking files have been deleted.

• Moderators

Do you have your PC synced to a cloud account (or to another device) that is just re-syncing/restoring the files as soon as, or shortly after, you delete them?

Try turning of syncing, (to be sure disconnect from the internet/wifi/bluetooth), then running CCleaner back to back.

If my guess is right then CCleaner will remove them - but as soon as you resync/reconnect the files will reappear again.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Thanks for responding. I do have 2 sync folders only. Onedrive and abFiles. Relatively small number of static files. These have not affected my back to back CCleaner runs in the past.

I did as you suggested and disconnected my wifi on my laptop. It did not make a difference.

Back to backs still produce  a report such as:-

Privacy
107 tracking file(s) removed
Junk
802 MB of unnecessary file(s) removed

The actual file count reported under Privacy varies, typically 107 to 110.

When I do an Analysis BEFORE another back to back:-

Analysis Complete
0 bytes to be removed.

Also checking Recycle Bin yields 0 files to delete.

Then I get same results as above. 107/802.

When I analyse what was cleaned, the report shows about 800MB cleared from Recycle Bin.

Strange behaviour.

This did not happen before the last update.

• 1 month later...

I have upgraded to version 5.41.6446 the latest as at 27/04/2018. The problem still exists.

Basically the cleaner always puts out the same statistics information if a second clean is performed. It looks like the results are being plugged in. They do not make any sense.

cleaner_stats.JPG