cclleaner scan taking to long

jengr2015

I have been using cleaner for many years now and I never had a scan take 45 seconds! I have windows 8.1 and internet explorer 11. My scans used to take a little over 3 seconds. Today I first went into I.E. 11 and cleared the cache and then ran cleaner and it took 45 seconds. Most of the time is taken up at the beginning of  the scan where it is I.E. 11 cookes and history.  That takes 40 seconds to clear I.E. even though I went in I.E. 11 first and cleared the cookies and the history. Why would this scan take so long. IS THIS NORMAL?    Thanks

• Moderators

if you are using the new version, scrolling through other threads and you'll see it seems to be a common undesirable feature with the new release.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators

Pro versus Free versions - no difference in the cleaning process.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Just for the record then it just took 115 seconds for the cleaner to work. Each day it seems to get longer. Just last week my system cleaned in 3 seconds all week. What a difference in time! Please update this version as soon as possible.

Tonight it took 4 minutes to run! I run it every night will this damage my computer? What are other people doing using the previous version? If I untick internet history from ccleaner would it scan faster? All the time seems to be spent on clearing internet history.  If I want to use the previous version how do I get it?

• Moderators
13 hours ago, jengr2015 said:

If I untick internet history from ccleaner would it scan faster? All the time seems to be spent on clearing internet history. 

Yes,

If you don't use IE then you can safely untick the history because there will never be any history. (Same with EDGE).

I also noticed that this was slowing down my CCleaner and so have unticked everything in Edge and IE, - EXCEPT for "Temporary Internet Files" in IE.

You need to leave "Temporary Internet Files" ticked because other Microsoft programmes store temporary files there.

(You may also occasionally find the odd entry in 'Internet Explorer' 'Cookies' if something else Microsoft has stored a cookie there).

You can check if any of the listed items is or is not being used on your particular computer. In CCleaner right click on the item, eg, 'History', and select analyse from the menu that pops up. This analyses just that entry and shows if anything temporary is being stored there.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043