Add option for traditional Advanced Results page

jaddorf

• Moderators
58 minutes ago, jaddorf said:

Seems to me they release a new version monthly.  Whether it will take a few for the new little feature to be added or not I dunno.

This is 100% on-point accurate

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 19:32, jaddorf said:

Thanks for the latest 5.41 update.  The new "Summary" results page is nice, but the old Advaced Results page was just fine and is no doubt preferred by some of us longtime users.

Some things didn't need improvement  :)

Totally agree. Please add an option to display the old report format instead of the new one.

"Do not mock the crocodile until you've finished crossing the river" (African proverb)

Guest Stephen CCleaner
On 3/29/2018 at 16:39, zxccxzasd said:

I hope to Clarify "We'll add in an option for setting your preferred view for cleaning results soon so you can control the level of detail. "

What I wish for is 3 options for "default" view: [Basic] = New end-user [Advanced SUMMARY] = the way it used to be, about 7 lines and the [Advanced Files List]. I like the Files List having a back arrow to goto the Adv Summary, but there is no forward arrow from Adv Summary to the Files List screen (it says Show Summary where it ought to be Shows File List, put the Show Summary on the left side of the screen) Why? Because if I see an unexpectedly large number in Adv. Sum., I usually want to see the Files List Detail.

Hey guys,

This is basically what we're working on for the May release. You'll have the option to default your cleaning results to one of three options:

1. Simple (the simplified 'Cleaning Summary')
  2. Advanced (as it used to be by default)
  3. Complete (full list of files)

On 15/03/2018 at 02:04, JDPower said:

Can also second the comments about major slowness scanning IE - took about 10-15 seconds, instead of the usual 1-2 (Win7 64, CC64 bit, IE11)

This is still an issue in v5.42.

On 4/16/2018 at 05:35, Stephen Piriform said:

Hey guys,

This is basically what we're working on for the May release. You'll have the option to default your cleaning results to one of three options:

OK, Stephen. You said you were working on this issue for the May release and.............. yes this is still April and newly released v5.42 doesn't have the "fix". So, do we have to wait another month before the "fix"  is available? For an issue that has caused so much of a fuss, I would have thought  you'd be able to squeeze in the coding for this latest release. Is your "release schedule" backed up that far? When I first commented on this issue in the middle of March and saw so many others making the same comments, I thought we would see the "fix" in the next release. What gives?

Thank you for listening to us.  I'm pleased that our wishes are being respected. 

Yes, significant slow cleaning of Edge and IE persists - I'm sure you are aware.  I avoid Edge so I can disable the cleaning there..

Thanks/jim

Guest Stephen CCleaner
13 hours ago, swan_x said:

I wish (and I hope) one CCleaner lite or slim on future release... 18 mb for application for clean pc it's too much... old version are 6-7 mb... And new features don't justify 18 mb of this program... 

While we always take architectural decisions to keep the size down, respectfully, we disagree on this point. Today most Hard Drives have a capacity in excess of 1 Terabyte. You can buy a 1 TB HDD for under $50. External storage options are also plentiful and low cost. For portability, you can buy a USB drive with more than 16GB capacity for under $10.

The latest version of CCleaner occupies 0.0039% of a modern-day 1TB hard drive (less than 4 thousandths of a percent). Similarly, when talking about portability, CCleaner Portable (when unpacked) will take up 0.22% of a 16GB USB flash drive.

Let's even assume you have an older USB flash drive with just 1GB capacity (the kind companies give away for free in marketing promotions). In this case the Portable version of CCleaner will only take up 3.5% of its capacity.

There is not a strong argument to say that CCleaner is too big for modern-day PCs. For a 35 MB install, CCleaner can free up in excess of 10-100 times its own size in cached files, update files, installers, logs and detritus from old applications.

• Moderators

I don't think he's saying that it's too large for current storage, but it's very large for what it does.

I'm curious to know why the exec size increased by 60% between 540 and 541. That's an awful lot for a few tweaks and a few k of tool tips.

48 minutes ago, Augeas said:

I don't think he's saying that it's too large for current storage, but it's very large for what it does.

4 mb more for what? i wont hope for 2 unwanted pics in the unwanted new resultpage ;) i would say, kick it out like beckham

53 minutes ago, Augeas said:

the exec size increased by 60% between 540 and 541

i mean its only 38 percent :) more from 540 to 541

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

1 hour ago, Augeas said:

I'm curious to know why the exec size increased by 60% between 540 and 541. That's an awful lot for a few tweaks and a few k of tool tips.

It's Avast's now, gotta pump up the bloat ;)

Or, undoubtedly, official answer will be "lots of code changes to make way for big things coming soon" ^_^

(Sorry, I'll put the sarcasm hat away now :P )

Guest Stephen CCleaner
9 hours ago, Augeas said:

The increase is covered in the changelog. We added a UI framework called Sciter that facilitates much faster iteration and testing, which ultimately means you can receive improvements (and fixes) to the interface more quickly. The main alternative option on the table was Chrome Embedded Framework, which by contrast would add ~30 MB to the installer alone (more after unpacking). Sciter is actually much less easy to work with than a Chromium-based solution and much less supported by the wider development community, creating it own set of challenges for us, but we have acceptd this tradeoff because we believe size matters in a cleaning utility.

One other thing is that we ship the Win-32 and Win-64 executables with each install. We've done some investigation into what work would be involved in distributing 64-bit-only and 32-bit-only builds. It's a mixture of stripping out functions that are bound to the 32-bit executable because they were built in the 32-bit era, and changing our update distribution mechanisms and website. TL;DR we are working on reducing size, not just adding to it.

I'm french, so i'll try to write good English ! Sorry if not !

1/ First thing : i was very VERY desappointed when i saw that you deleted "check update" option !

I use Ccleaner since severals years, at least 8 years !... and i always updated it myself every 5-6 month, or when i changed OS (windows versions).

Then now, i always have an annoying notification to update each time i launch it, until i update, or until next update (can't have peace more than a month thus).

2/ Now (since v541) you put a new interface.... FULLY USELESS for me !!

And worth,  i suppose it use Graphic Card drivers because of GC overlay appearance each time (like a game launching !!). For what hell CCleaner needs to use graphic card performances ??

For the useless new interface ?... so... give me a way to delete this New Interface Fully Useless (NIFU) !!

3/ I updated CCleaner (forced, because bored with notification) , and (i wasn't accustomed to be on defensive with you !!), I found myself with Mc Afee :wacko: !! Ohhh!! :o There was an option to uncheck !!! First time i see that whith Ccleaner ! :blink:

4/ Today, the vase overflowed : forced to update another time !!.... and after execute.... Chrome lost my profile !! ==> must re-log to find all my parameters !!

So!! Now (*i just created an user account only for this post, on this forum !*) :

I uninstalled CCleaner, and came back to the v538 version !

I won't update it until you persevere in this way ! I have peace (i unchecked "check update" option)... but i'm sad !

I recommended Ccleaner i don't know how many times ! I installed it myself for folks and family !

But for the moment, i won't recommend it for nobody ! I can't tell someone "yeah, install it and you'll have another programm that bore you with notification" !

I'm sad because, it is an excellent tool, wasted by superfluity !

I'm sad because, perhaps I will be obliged to definitively uninstall it when Windows will be too much updated !

Cordially,

6 hours ago, chal00 said:

1/ First thing : i was very VERY desappointed when i saw that you deleted "check update" option !
3/ I updated CCleaner (forced, because bored with notification) , and (i wasn't accustomed to be on defensive with you !!), I found myself with Mc Afee :wacko: !! Ohhh!! :o There was an option to uncheck !!! First time i see that whith Ccleaner ! :blink:

1) The option is still there (please check the screenshot).
3) The CCleaner installer offers Avast, not McAfee. (And the CCleaner installer always offers Chrome if it is not installed.)

cc_updates.jpg

6 hours ago, APMichael said:

1) The option is still there (please check the screenshot).
3) The CCleaner installer offers Avast, not McAfee. (And the CCleaner installer always offers Chrome if it is not installed.)

1) You're right ! I was a litlle bit too much in a hurry ! I always used Ccleaner with "update check" disabled... and i don't know why for the lasts i didn't see it in the right icon :unsure:

3) You're right again ! It's Avast and not Mc Afee...

But the result is the same one : i didn't ask nothing... and i downloaded the installer on the official website !! Why package official tool with and advertising thing !?? :blink:

Ok i know... why not else ? But in this case, don't enable install option by default !! I had never seen that before with Ccleaner.

I took time  this time, and re-installed all old versions i have (in a folder) until the last... and this is the result :

5ae89259cccac_Ccleaner536.jpg.3ca7acdf3e3258ccdc356133d1bc58a3.jpg

5ae8926334d47_Ccleaner537.jpg.e8150941a0642a65b70be2c43cf61b51.jpg

5ae89269beadd_Ccleaner540.jpg.e620340915eae4de18f372521699d543.jpg

Avast spawned in package from v537 to v539 :wacko:

For the NIFU (2nd) and my 4th point... it is same as before !

At least, i saw today that i can install the lastest good version : v540.

Cordially,

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it so hard for the developers to understand that some of us long time users were happy with the way it worked before. The so called "Advanced" page told me exactly what I wanted to see after a cleaning. Now it takes an extra click to get that nice summary, Why? The dumb page tells me nothing and the list of all files shows me too much. Can it be that hard to just make the "Advanced" summary the default? Apparently they never heard the old adage that if it ain't broke don't mess with it. They apparently decided to break it.

7 hours ago, JRS said:

Why is it so hard for the developers to understand that some of us long time users were happy with the way it worked before. The so called "Advanced" page told me exactly what I wanted to see after a cleaning. Now it takes an extra click to get that nice summary, Why? The dumb page tells me nothing and the list of all files shows me too much. Can it be that hard to just make the "Advanced" summary the default? Apparently they never heard the old adage that if it ain't broke don't mess with it. They apparently decided to break it.

Seeing as you apparently missed it (if you didn't then you're just whining for the sake of it):

On 22/03/2018 at 13:17, Stephen Piriform said:

We'll add in an option for setting your preferred view for cleaning results soon so you can control the level of detail.

On 16/04/2018 at 10:35, Stephen Piriform said:

• Moderators

Have you actually read the above posts?

There is a change promissed for the next update which will let you pick which screen you see.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

perhaps in the next ...

perhaps in the very next :D who knows it 

i mean its not on the primary change list

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators

Ooops.

I may be (partly) responsible for making the changelist change a bit this week. :wacko:

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043