Add option for traditional Advanced Results page

jaddorf

• Moderators

Keep focused guys on CCleaner and not insulting each other or your posts will be deleted.

By the way, you don't have to be a paying customer to give an opinion on the CCleaner features/interface.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

@J_R_C and @jaddorf,

please play nicely guys AND follow the forum rules.
have a read of them here; https://forum.piriform.com/announcement/15-forum-rules/

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, jaddorf said:

I deleted my comments - sorry I got testy.  Please delete them outright.  Best/jim

it just makes the conversation hard to follow.:)
plus JRC has quoted one of your modified posts anyway.

• Moderators

again - dude - language!

• Moderators
4 hours ago, jaddorf said:

Yeah I realize that but the whole thing was silly.  I just don't like people being a**holes.

I asked you earlier to behave on forum... then you use inappropriate language towards another member.

Your chances are now all used up.

Either behave or be banned 

Simple.

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

I hope to Clarify "We'll add in an option for setting your preferred view for cleaning results soon so you can control the level of detail. "

What I wish for is 3 options for "default" view: [Basic] = New end-user [Advanced SUMMARY] = the way it used to be, about 7 lines and the [Advanced Files List]. I like the Files List having a back arrow to goto the Adv Summary, but there is no forward arrow from Adv Summary to the Files List screen (it says Show Summary where it ought to be Shows File List, put the Show Summary on the left side of the screen) Why? Because if I see an unexpectedly large number in Adv. Sum., I usually want to see the Files List Detail.

*** I hope I didn't miss this: From Files List, I would really, really like to Copy or save a txt file of the Files list so I can further process the path or just look around in File Explorer. I like to copy Lists of everything, Including Results of a Registry Scan.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, zxccxzasd said:

*** I hope I didn't miss this: From Files List, I would really, really like to Copy or save a txt file of the Files list  

Do you mean right-click on list and select save to text file ? (You can do that now)

Support contact

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hazelnut said:

Do you mean right-click on list and select save to text file ? (You can do that now)

If it were just a line of text to export it would be a non-issue, instead of being hidden behind a right-click.

I agree with all the comments about the new summary page. I can't see any point in it. I'd be interested in seeing the results of the survey that demonstrated that the change was what users wanted. Make the old "advanced page" the default for those who want it.

On 3/22/2018 at 07:17, Stephen Piriform said:

Hey guys,

Thank you all for your feedback. This is the first of many improvements designed to make the application more accessible to those who use it. CCleaner has a wide audience that comprises, on the one hand, users with very high computer literacy and, on the other hand, those who use their computers regularly but do not possess (or require) a technical understanding of operating systems, web browsers and other software.

We'll add in an option for setting your preferred view for cleaning results soon so you can control the level of detail.

thank you very much!  -bows-

Its been just about a month, and ver v5.41.6446 is still currently the latest, with the annoying "feature" of the new "summary results" screen as unchangeable default.

Is there an upcoming option in the works to change the DEFAULT to "show advanced report"?

For me, it now is an extra click each and every time I run ccleander to click on "Show advanced report"

6 minutes ago, JoeJoe said:

Its been just about a month, and ver v5.41.6446 is still currently the latest, with the annoying "feature" of the new "summary results" screen as unchangeable default.

Is there an upcoming option in the works to change the DEFAULT to "show advanced report"?

For me, it now is an extra click each and every time I run ccleander to click on "Show advanced report"

Just go back to the previous version till an update arrives. That's what everyone else bothered by it has done.