Add option for traditional Advanced Results page

jaddorf

Thanks for the latest 5.41 update.  The new "Summary" results page is nice, but the old Advaced Results page was just fine and is no doubt preferred by some of us longtime users.

Some things didn't need improvement  :)

There is an advanced option for results to appear as a file list, please either add an option to get the old advanced summary every run,  or at least preserve this user-selection for future runs if manually chosen.

Thanks!

CCleaner 2018-03-13 11_30_21.jpg

Most annoying useless feature ever added to great software!

`My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away".

I tried to be a bit more diplomatic ;)   Developers have to constantly update stuff to justify their jobs - the new default display is pretty useless for a program that is otherwise relatively technical as opposed to being "one-click for novices".

Unrelated to ccleaner:  I hate the new Windows 8/10 Start menu, and have used one of the common replacement programs called Start10 since day 1 of the release of Windows 8 to get back the traditional Start Menu.  There is simply no better or more optimized way for a start menu to work than what they got to as of Win 7 -- but of course they keep **improving** it!

• Moderators

Is that the way it looks in the screenshot from post 1? There were posts about there being a new summary window but I am as of yet to even notice a difference from the old summary window when clicking to view it from within the 'File List View' - but then again I rarely ever looked at the results as a summary window.

I've always used the 'File List View', which can be selected in:
'Options -> Advanced' > Show CCleaner results as a file list.

If you’ve already selected “file list view” in advanced options, then you are already overriding the new summary page - so yes you have never seen it.

The image from my original post is the desired page I want the app to be able to default to with an option.

1 hour ago, jaddorf said:

Thanks for the latest 5.41 update.  The new "Summary" results page is nice, but the old Advaced Results page was just fine and is no doubt preferred by some of us longtime users.

Some things didn't need improvement  :)

There is an advanced option for results to appear as a file list, please either add an option to get the old advanced summary every run,  or at least preserve this user-selection for future runs if manually chosen.

Thanks!

I agree...please add option for "old advanced summary every run". :wacko:

Windows 10 x64 Pro on ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme motherboard, i7-6700k CPU,H220 X2 Liquid Cooler, 64 gbyte RipJaws DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 970 Pro NVMe M.2 500 gbyte SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 512 gbyte SSD, EVGA RTX 3060 Titan graphics card (Home Built System);  Windows 11x64 Pro on 512 gigabyte Dell XPS 15 2-in-1 Laptop/tablet and Dell XPS 8940 PC.  ASUS RT-AC88U router, 14 tbyte WD My Cloud PR2100 NAS Server, 200 Mbps cable Internet, MS Edge Chromium, MS Office 2021 (Local), Casper 11, DisplayFusion (3 Flat Panel Displays per system):   Latest Bitdefender Internet Security, Quicken, Weather Watcher Live, ThumbsPlus 10, Sticky Password 8, WD Smartware, CyberLink PowerDVD23, MSI AfterBurner, Rainmeter, 8GadgetPack, and many more.

from me a yes too to jaddorfs first post

please give back the old summary screen (perhaps with an option)

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

I too do not like the New Look of version 5.41 !!! You've managed to ruin a really great program. I Want an option to have the old advanced summary screen back for every run , without having to click "Advanced Report" every darn time!!!!   At least for the Pro versions. I will be removing this new release and re-installing the last good CCleaner. 5.40 

36 minutes ago, OldMike65 said:

I too do not like the New Look of version 5.41 !!! You've managed to ruin a really great program. I Want an option to have the old advanced summary screen back for every run , without having to click "Advanced Report" every darn time!!!!   At least for the Pro versions. I will be removing this new release and re-installing the last good CCleaner. 5.40 

I could not agree more!  This is a hideous attempt to "Metronize" CCleaner, an otherwise excellent tool.  I do NOT want my desktop looking like an iPhone!  Please, please.....  your option in Advanced does not do as advertised.  It simply show the results in detail line-by-line-by-line format, NOT as a summary like we have been accustomed to.  You still must click another button to get the summary screen as it used to be.  This looks terrible.:(

• Moderators
7 hours ago, jaddorf said:

If you’ve already selected “file list view” in advanced options, then you are already overriding the new summary page

I finally got to see the new cleaning summary on a different computer.

While some don't like the new way it displays it doesn't bother me too much, although I can see the point people are making to force it to display in the Advanced View mode they are accustomed to. However the new cleaning summary I can see being very useful to someone like my mother would wouldn't necessarily understand the full advanced summary or file list view, she'd see something way more simplified like it cleaned up 1,100 MB and then close it and turn off her Win10 laptop.

I guess feel lucky it still has the ability to show what was actually removed - over the past two decades I've seen my fair share of cleaning programs that have no ability to display anything they've removed.

• Moderators

If you are Dumbing Down the UI for 'non technical' users then why have you not yet removed the large button to the 'technical' registry cleaning process?

For a few years now, regular members have been suggesting that you do this (or at least make registry backups automatic before fixing) to deter non-technical users from blindly running the reg cleaner and then coming here complaining that CCleaner has broken their machine.

Style changes to UI's happen, and there are always those who prefered the old style - and I'm also one in this case.
But you can still see that old style, if you are prepared to wear out you finger giving an extra mouse click.

I agree it would be a further improvement if the Advanced Options gave the default view options of  - simple report/detailed report/file list.

PS. If you Analyze instead of/before cleaning you still see the old style details list, no matter what settings you have for the cleaning.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

2 hours ago, nukecad said:

If you are Dumbing Down the UI for 'non technical' users then why have you not yet removed the large button to the 'technical' registry cleaning process?

For a few years now, regular members have been suggesting that you do this (or at least make registry backups automatic before fixing) to deter non-technical users from blindly running the reg cleaner and then coming here complaining that CCleaner has broken their machine.

Style changes to UI's happen, and there are always those who prefered the old style - and I'm also one in this case.
But you can still see that old style, if you are prepared to wear out you finger giving an extra mouse click.

I agree it would be a further improvement if the Advanced Options gave the default view options of  - simple report/detailed report/file list.

PS. If you Analyze instead of/before cleaning you still see the old style details list, no matter what settings you have for the cleaning.

Just a simple option to keep it the way it was, for the many not so "non-technical".  That's all. 

P.S. - There seems to be a very noticeable lag right up front when it's dealing with Edge and IE, even though I avoid Edge like the plague and Cortana has been banished to her broom closet!  ;)

• Moderators
1 hour ago, f14tomcat said:

P.S. - There seems to be a very noticeable lag right up front when it's dealing with Edge and IE, even though I avoid Edge like the plague and Cortana has been banished to her broom closet!  ;)

I also noticed it with Edge, it seems to be the 'History' in both Edge and IE. (I already had it unchecked for IE).

If you never use Edge or IE then there will be no history so you can untick them to speed CCleaner up again.

PS. You can always right click on any unticked items to do a one off check/clean of just that item.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

Another vote: Please add an option to enable 'Advanced Report' as the default.  (Came here hoping to find a way to do so, from a long-time user with multiple licenses)

The new default provides too little info to be useful, but appears to reserve real estate for advertising.  I already paid.

+1 from me on this. An option for the old view would be much appreciated

Can also second the comments about major slowness scanning IE - took about 10-15 seconds, instead of the usual 1-2 (Win7 64, CC64 bit, IE11)

• Moderators

The really foolish thing is that Analyse gives the results in the old 'advanced' mode, everything set out just as you want it. Then Run Cleaner switches to baby mode, so there is no immediate comparison to the analysis unless you faff around switching modes. There's no right click in baby mode either.

I suppose I'll have to get used to it, but I'm not impressed with a picture of the Invisible Man and a coffee cup with a piece of paper in it.

Augeas, I don't visit this forum often -- I notice you are a "moderator": 

Do the developers etc keep an eye on what we're talking about over here?  When I started this thread I didn't realize there would be so many "up votes" for my view on this issue..

Thx/jim

I too agree with jaddorf that there should be an Advanced Option to display the Advanced Results by default after clicking the Run Cleaner button on the main page.  Thank you for your immediate consideration of this suggestion, hopefully on the next most recent release. :D