The bloody thing won't install

So I tried installing CCleaner once again. I open the installer, it goes DIRECTLY for installing, I can't change anything no matter what I do. I searched for ANY remains of former CC installs, and went thoroughly through regedit. 
No help.
This is what it's saying, now why the fluff is it trying to install into 76/CCleaner and how do I solve this mess?

Fucky CCLeaner.png

• 2 months later...

I just got that "error opening file," but it came when I allowed CCleaner to try and update itself. To fix it, though, I didn't have to uninstall it or do anything fancy: all I had to do was to download the installer separately and then run it. However, there was one peculiarity. My natural instinct was, before running the installer directly, to go to the task manager and kill CCleaner, since, 99.99% of the time, that kind of problem would be that the installer couldn't close a file that was in use (or else that an anti-malware program was "helping" by preventing the system change.) However, CCleaner was not running. I am puzzled as to just how the original installer, run via the update within the program, could have closed CCleaner itself, yet been unable to install the new version.

EDIT: After writing this post, I went to move the downloaded CCleaner installer to my archive of installers (that's to save time and hassle whenever I restore a system image via Macrium Reflect, which I do every few months: when I do so, I update all the software manually whenever possible before re-connecting to the internet) and, guess what: my old friend, access denied, came visiting. Windows would not allow me to move the CCleaner installer from downloads; it wouldn't even allow me to copy it. Worse, I took ownership of the file, and Windows still wouldn't let me. Rebooting fixed the problem: the file disappeared from downloads after I rebooted, so, in shutting down, WIndows might have killed whatever was locking the file, then finished deleting it.

CCleaner upgrade - 1.PNG

CCleaner upgrade - 2.PNG

CCleaner access denied.PNG

• Moderators

Note that at the moment due to a bug in Malwarebytes Paid version, CCleaner may not be able to update itself until you disable MBAM's ransomware protection via right-click on it's taskbar icon.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/229748-mb-3512522-prevents-some-programs-updating/?tab=comments#comment-1243557

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Every time I attempt to install either the pro or free version I always receive the following error: Error Opening File For Writing: 76\CCleaner.exe

5b117fc724467_CCleanerinstallerror.png.52f617de8be0b14d1049481513f0aeac.png

This is a computer in which I have just installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 64 Bit.

I have tried the following troubleshooting steps:

• Made sure the installer file isn't named CCleaner.exe, I have not renamed setup file. Made sure the installer file ends with the .exe extension.
  • Downloaded and saved the installer file into Downloads folder and started the installation from there.
  • Exited running programs that may interfere, I disabled them, i.e.; antivirus software, etc.
  • Make sure CCleaner isn't already running. In Task Manager the process is not listed.
  • Rebooted my computer.
  • Tried to install CCleaner in Safe Mode, I also disabled ALL non Microsoft Services.
  • I am running the Admin account, also ran the setup as Administrator.

The setup process does not give me an option what location to install, does not get that far, as per error message seems like it is attempting to install to a 76 Folder location.

Please help, I do not know what else to try.

• Moderators
Guest Stephen CCleaner
On 6/1/2018 at 21:51, MOY said:

Hi,

I already read those posts and tried everything posted there.  Still have the problem installing CCleaner.

Error Opening File For Writing: 76\CCleaner.exe

This was resolved by downloading the file direct from CCleaner.com. If you contact customer support we will provide you with the direct link.

We are investigating why the installer fails. I would be particularly interested in where the professional installer came from (e.g. in an email reminder, or perhaps from a particular page on the website?)

8 hours ago, Stephen Piriform said:

This was resolved by downloading the file direct from CCleaner.com. If you contact customer support we will provide you with the direct link.

We are investigating why the installer fails. I would be particularly interested in where the professional installer came from (e.g. in an email reminder, or perhaps from a particular page on the website?)

Hi Stephen

I downloaded CCleaner directly from your official website.  I actually tried several different downloads; i tried the free and pro versions.  I downloaded the installers to my system every time and then attempted to install, I  also tried installing CCleaner directly from the browser to see if that made a difference.  

The only difference was the installer you provided from the link; I am windows/tech savvy, but this had me stumped since I pretty much tried everything I could think of.

Guest Stephen CCleaner
14 hours ago, MOY said:

Hi Stephen

I downloaded CCleaner directly from your official website.  I actually tried several different downloads; i tried the free and pro versions.  I downloaded the installers to my system every time and then attempted to install, I  also tried installing CCleaner directly from the browser to see if that made a difference.  

The only difference was the installer you provided from the link; I am windows/tech savvy, but this had me stumped since I pretty much tried everything I could think of.

Yes the link is a direct one to the Pro installer. This is why only customer support will give it out. It's possible the link could change in the future, so I'm not going to publish it here.