Bought PRO & still doesn't work? Did I waste my money?

dona5161

I'm trying to recover photos and a couple of videos from my camera SD card. I've used the memory card without an issue until recently when I placed in my computer to transfer the data I got an error message stating I needed to format the disk in the drive. When I place it back in my camera it prompted the same message. 

so I researched data recovery software and Recuva was top rated on tech site. I download the free version to try and when it wouldn't work but suggested I purchase the Pro version I figured I'd give it a try since the site has a 30 day refund policy no questions asked. But the Pro version will not give a preview image once the files on the list of found files and then when I click recover it has a prompt that they can't be read. I updated to make sure I have the latest version. 

Is everyone else having ongoing issues with recovering data with this software and has your problems been addressed? I don't want to spend more time working to recover files that this software will not find. Any suggests is greatly appreciated

• Moderators

g'day @dona5161 and welcome,

the difference is zero between the Pro and Free version and their chances of recovering a file.
the Pro gives a few extras like direct priority support and the ability to recover VHD files.
so on that front, yes, chase up a refund if you want to pursue that.

did the Free version suggest you purchase the Pro?  that doesn't sound like something it should be doing!

despite Recuva's, or any recovery programs, methods and attempts, at the end of the day, if your SD card is dead, so is your data.  (hence backups but that's a story for another day)

can you provide some background info in case it helps other respond to your thread, like SD card make/model, size, how was it formatted, any idea of file sizes that are lost, file types, etc.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.