Cannot enable IDM integration extension

John Grey

I use IDM.

When I go to tools > startup > firefox    there is an IDM integration extension, and it is set to “No”

On the right, where there are three buttons: enable, disable and delete, they are all grey and I can not enable this extension.

Why does ccleaner deny access, and how do I enable this extension?

Thanks

• Moderators

IDM ?

Internet Download Manager perhaps.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

I am not an idiot! I use IDM for 5 years and I KNOW the problem, I ASKED A DIFFERENT QUESTION!  Can you guys read? Can you be bothered to read the question.

This is the fourth or fifth time I am asking a question in this form and NOT ONCE did I get an answer!

just forget it....

• Moderators

no need for the attitude John, every here is simply trying to help.:)

for me, I'm just trying to understand the issue.

so let's take a step back...

what is your CC, FF and OS versions?
you say you go to tools > startup > firefox  -  I'm not seeing that.  do you mean tools > browser plugins > firefox ?
if CC won't let to change that extension, what about from within FF itself?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• Moderators
On 1/30/2018 at 17:57, John Grey said:

there is an IDM integration extension, and it is set to “No”

I couldn't find that on the official Firefox Add-on's site however I did find a help page with instructions at http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/support/firefox8_integration.html and according to it you may need to update IDM integration due to a Firefox update perhaps disabling it for compatibility reasons. The instructions on the page are very specific on what must be done, such as having to restart the computer after updating it.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Andavari said:

I couldn't find that on the official Firefox Add-on's site however I did find a help page with instructions at http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/support/firefox8_integration.html and according to it you may need to update IDM integration due to a Firefox update perhaps disabling it for compatibility reasons. The instructions on the page are very specific on what must be done, such as having to restart the computer after updating it.

That's the link I gave above Andavari. Like you, I posted it because it mentions the need to update IDM due to a Firefox update.

John... did you check this out?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Everything is OF COURSE updated, I am not an idiot. I asked a question, and you are not answering the question you are trying to figure what I must have done wrong.

Once more, a last time, this is teh question:

Why does cc offer me a list with the add ons and on the right side three buttons for choices enable, disable und delete, if it does not let users use these?

If there is no answer, then lets stop this, but I am sick an tired of people who admit they know no answer to my question, but keep on asking questions...

I have benn using cc for many years and ther were never any problem, it was a great d´software, but since getting into bed with that ripp off data stealing avast, one problem follows the other....

So, any answer to MY question? No? Than you, have a nice day....

I will now leave you to yourselves, so you can confirm your believes how great you are and everybody who thinks different, must be a moron.

• Moderators

Could just be that CCleaner needs to be updated to work with a more newly released version of Firefox, it is after all always playing catch up with the main browsers be that Firefox or Chrome after changes are made within them.