How to change browser path?

vane

• Moderators

Not sure if it works for addons, but custom location will add browsers not in default location

http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/ccleaner-ini-files/how-to-clean-user-data-from-non-standard-mozilla-browsers

For chrome based browsers replace FIREFOX with CHROME.  For opera replace with OPERA

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Nergal said:

Not sure if it works for addons

The ability to see what extensions ("addons") are installed works for me with Firefox Portable ESR. It however does not work with Chrome/Chromium-based SRWare Iron Portable.

7 hours ago, Nergal said:

Not sure if it works for addons, but custom location will add browsers not in default location

http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/advanced-usage/ccleaner-ini-files/how-to-clean-user-data-from-non-standard-mozilla-browsers

For chrome based browsers replace FIREFOX with CHROME.  For opera replace with OPERA

Unfortunately, the method does not work. :(

• Moderators

If you're attempting to add a browser using ccleaner.ini is probably the easiest way to do it in my opinion, you can do this by opening CCleaner and then go into 'Options > Advanced' and Save all settings to INI file, then look in the CCleaner program folder for ccleaner.ini.

Examples of how to properly map to a custom browser location (including portable versions of browsers):
CustomLocation1=FIREFOX|C:\PortableApps\FirefoxPortableESR\Data\profile
CustomLocation2=CHROME|D:\PortableApps\IronPortable\Profile

7 minutes ago, Andavari said:

If you're attempting to add a browser using ccleaner.ini is probably the easiest way to do it in my opinion, you can do this by opening CCleaner and then go into 'Options > Advanced' and Save all settings to INI file, then look in the CCleaner program folder for ccleaner.ini.

Examples of how to properly map to a custom browser location (including portable versions of browsers):
CustomLocation1=FIREFOX|C:\PortableApps\FirefoxPortableESR\Data\profile
CustomLocation2=CHROME|D:\PortableApps\IronPortable\Profile

I did what you said. The browser I am using is 7 Star. Therefore I added the line below in the last row of INI file, but I still can't see the addons.

CustomLocation1=CHROME|C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\7Star\7Star\User Data

7Star is a Chrome/Chromium based browser, but there is no Profile folder.

C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\7Star\7Star\Application
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\7Star\7Star\User Data\Default\Extensions

• Moderators

Based upon that then and since I notice you've listed that it has a Default path pointing it to User Data should be enough, but with it not working using CustomLocation perhaps Piriform will have to officially add it into CCleaner for it to be properly supported.