CCleaner 1.29.295 and IE7

I love this app. You guys are the greatest and I am not complaining at all....I have been using IE7 since it was been released to beta testers (I am a legit tester) and I am still experiencing the same problem I had with previous versions. This could be my setup, so I am not stating this is in all cases:

I log into a few sites (lets use Google for example), and then install ccleaner 1.29.295 and below. I select to save the google cookies. IE is closed and I run ccleaner. I open IE7, and my cookie remains, all is well.

I reboot, with or without having ccleaner clean on startup, and my cookie is gone (but not really gone, I'll explain later). If I open ccleaner, go to cookies, it shows it is still there, and it is still marked to keep. This even occurs if the entire cookie open is unchecked.

Now, the wierd part. If I go to Documents and Settings, Admin (as I am logged in as), local settings, temporary internet files....the cookie is still there.

I have played some more, and if I don't mark any cookies to keep, they all are gone in that folder, so the keeping safe works, but again, not really since IE7 doesn't see it anymore. Also, if I uninstall ccleaner, all is normal again, and the cookies are picked up by IE7 on reboots and all. As soon as I install ccleaner, and reboot, IE7 no longer picks them up.

Any suggestions, thoughts, ideas? All my setups are default directorys and folders and such, so nothing is customized or unusual.

All that I can tell you sweetie is to post on the IE7 beta board. There have been may reports with IE7 beta cookie problems.

When was the last time that you installed XP btw?

Good Luck! :)

K

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

All that I can tell you sweetie is to post on the IE7 beta board. There have been may reports with IE7 beta cookie problems.

When was the last time that you installed XP btw?

Good Luck! :)

K

I did a complete reinstall about 3 weeks ago (after the last time I posted this issue).

So, is this only me or are other IE7 users experiencing the same?

I am using CCleaner 1.29.295 also and with IE 7 the cookies disappear. I found that you have to uncheck The Temperory Files UNDER THE SYSTEM catagory to keep the cookies from disappearing. Un checking that however keeps CCleaner from removing much.

I am using CCleaner 1.29.295 also and with IE 7 the cookies disappear. I found that you have to uncheck The Temperory Files UNDER THE SYSTEM catagory to keep the cookies from disappearing. Un checking that however keeps CCleaner from removing much.

I'm not quite sure what you are saying to do. Can you explain a little better.

I'm not quite sure what you are saying to do. Can you explain a little better.

With the Cleaner icon clicked on the left side of thw window, you have 2 tabls to select from. The Windows tab should be selected. The first major coverage choice is Internet Explorer, the third one down is System. Under System uncheck Temporary files. Unchecking this box prevents CCleaner from removing coiokies under IE 7. Apparently IE 7 now stores cookies in the Temp Files folder under System.

With that said, not much gets cleaned up by CCleaner if you do not remove the Temporary files under System.

With the Cleaner icon clicked on the left side of thw window, you have 2 tabls to select from. The Windows tab should be selected. The first major coverage choice is Internet Explorer, the third one down is System. Under System uncheck Temporary files. Unchecking this box prevents CCleaner from removing coiokies under IE 7. Apparently IE 7 now stores cookies in the Temp Files folder under System.

With that said, not much gets cleaned up by CCleaner if you do not remove the Temporary files under System.

nope, still same thing for me at least. Cookies are there and saved, but on reboot IE7 doesn't "see" them, but they are still there in the temp folder.

After I installed IE7 (Beta), running Ccleaner deletes cookies, even when cookies are unchecked. The cookies are still there in 'C:\documents and settings\User Name\cookies' folder after running Ccleaner, but get deleted after reboot.

Cookies do not get deleted if Ccleaner is not run. Therefore it is not some feature of IE 7 that is deleting cookies on reboot.

I would appreciate to know the solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Preet

After I installed IE7 (Beta), running Ccleaner deletes cookies, even when cookies are unchecked. The cookies are still there in 'C:\documents and settings\User Name\cookies' folder after running Ccleaner, but get deleted after reboot.

Cookies do not get deleted if Ccleaner is not run. Therefore it is not some feature of IE 7 that is deleting cookies on reboot.

I would appreciate to know the solution to this problem.

Thanks,

Preet

People have been trying to find solutions to the IE7 cookies issues for months now. Lots of people are still working on it, but I have a feeling that it won't be worked out until IE7 is stable (just a guess).

Did you try Leon's suggestion by anychance?

(looks like I will be using IE7 again soon :P )

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)