The Bible

heard there have been some books left out. i did some research and cant really figure it out. i use the king james. anybody heard or know about this?

what specifically? the catholic faith has extra gospels. there are the gnostic gospels, such as the book of enoch, etc.

most dont take these "missing" gospels as "truth".

interesting reads though.

The one that's been in the news lately is the Book of Allogenes, a.k.a. the Gospel of Judas, Lost Gospel

Yeah, that was pretty interesting. I heard someone speak about that a few weeks ago, sort of disregarded it since it was written approx. 200 years A.D.

sounds all good but how did the big bang happen? it couldnt just form itself. were did the particles come from that formed the big bang then? where do you think you will go when you die?

how did the big bang happen?
It just did.
where do you think you will go when you die?
My organs will go to science, my brain to a museum and the rest will be cremated.
Do you really think that a bunch of inanimate objects could just ... "evolve" into something living and breathing without some kind of higher power?
We evolved from molecules and are far from being inanimate objects.

Here's an interesting question:

Who created God

Ans: men.

I meant to say that we "came" from inanimate objects. And that we were brought about with a "nudege" if you will. And yes, men may have coined the term God, but that does not mean man created it. It is simply how we view a greater power -- like as an ant would look up to an elephant, it can't see the full scope of everything.

Who created God

Answer - God has always been here and always will be. You need to have more faith to believe that we just "evolved" from a pile of molecules than to believe that we were created by a supreme God.

So what one's easier to believe in?

I generally try to avoid these types of debates, but I do have one thing to say, and then I'll probably leave this topic alone:

When it comes right down to it, both God and evolution could be considered illogical, at least to some extent. Evolution has yet to be proven, because no transitional creatures have been found. You won't find a half monkey/half human, and a creature of that nature would be necessary to prove evolution. And as far as proving God goes, needless to say, that hasn't been done either.

But, even though evolution can at least be partially explained by science (although it still has plenty of flaws), theoretically, the existence of God is still more logical, because it can't be disproved.

Think about it: evolution is totally dependent on the rules of science, so if it breaks even one of those rules, it is no longer valid as a theory. Evolution depends on an Earth that is millions, or perhaps billions of years old. I have read dozens of documents stating that the Earth is actually no where near this old (documents about the inaccuracies of carbon dating, the amount of dust on the moon, the current size of the sun, etc.). Whether or not these documents are true, I really can't say. But assuming at least some of them are, that would mean that there is potential that evolution is false.

However, disproving God is basically impossible. After all, God is not based on science or earthly facts and figures; the existence of God is based totally on the belief that there is a being that can basically do whatever he wants, and since He makes the rules, he can have them be whatever He wishes. And if He makes the rules, there is no possible way that He can break them, which means there is no possible way that He can be disproven. No logical person could simply write the existence of a God off as fantasy.

In closing, evolution will always have the potential to be disproven, but the existence of a God can never be disproven. It just isn't possible. So in all technicallity God is a whole lot more logical than evolution or big bang. And nobody can argue that.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

It just did.

My organs will go to science, my brain to a museum and the rest will be cremated.

We evolved from molecules and are far from being inanimate objects.

Who created God

Ans: men.

THEN WHO CREATED MAN? IF YOU READ THE BIBLE, IT SPEAKS NO LIES. IF YOU CAN FIND ONE THING IN THE BIBLE THAT HASNT, OR WONT COME TRUE, ILL BELIEVE YOU.

I generally try to avoid these types of debates, but I do have one thing to say, and then I'll probably leave this topic alone:

Think about it: evolution is totally dependent on the rules of science, so if it breaks even one of those rules, it is no longer valid as a theory. Evolution depends on an Earth that is millions, or perhaps billions of years old. I have read dozens of documents stating that the Earth is actually no where near this old (documents about the inaccuracies of carbon dating, the amount of dust on the moon, the current size of the sun, etc.). Whether or not these documents are true, I really can't say. But assuming at least some of them are, that would mean that there is potential that evolution is false.

Disproving God is basically impossible. After all, God is not based on science or earthly facts and figures; the existence of God is based totally on the belief that there is a being that can basically do whatever he wants, and since He makes the rules, he can have them be whatever He wishes. And if He makes the rules, there is no possible way that He can break them, which means there is no possible way that He can be disproven. No logical person could simply write the existence of a God off as fantasy.

In closing, evolution will always have the potential to be disproven, but the existence of a God can never be disproven. It just isn't possible. So in all technicallity God is a whole lot more logical than evolution or big bang. And nobody can argue that.

COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!

Death to religion! Religion should only show you how to live your life morally, and truthfully, and nothing else. Religion was created by man to give fellow man a reason to live or obey. Back in the lawless times of early pre-civilization, they were no rules, no nothing, nothing to stop man from killing each other, because there were no bodies of law to stop them. But you take a Omniscient powerful being and you throw him in the mix, and tell people he see everything, you do something bad, he'll smite you, that makes people stop and say "wait, this guy will hurt us, blah blah". Then from once this was established, civilizations took shape with bodies that would enforce these rules, and once these bodies wer established, people looked for more "rules" from these gods, and then from then man made more "godly" rules, for fellow man to abide. Religion allowed you to live life knowledgeably satiated back in 1600's because of its answers it could give you that no one else could have, but now science has disproven this. All i can say is don't look at religion for answers of creation, look to it, for moral crises, and how to better live a moral upstanding life.

IPB Image

Insert random C4 joke here.

Religion allowed you to live life knowledgeably satiated back in 1600's because of its answers it could give you that no one else could have, but now science has disproven this.

Oh really? When was that?

Like I stated before, there is no way to disprove a God. No matter how silly the concept of a God may seem, it still can't be denied, because it can't be disproven. Evolution, on the other hand, is based totally on theoretical scientific happenings, so if any single element of evolution has been or ever is to be found false, that would totally destroy evolution as a theory.

So even if the concept of evolution seems less strange than the concept of an almighty God, evolution will still always have more potential to be disproven than God does. Silly or not, those are the facts.

And as far as religion goes, that isn't really what we're discussing right now anyway. Religion is basically just a lifestyle built around something (such as a God, a theory, a couch, etc.). So if you wanted, you could invent all sorts of rules and build a religion around the concept of evolution just as easily as you could a God. People don't believe that a religion created the world. The religion is simply what comes after the origin is discovered. Whether or not you choose to be a part of any religion is totally up to you, as it doesn't effect the world's origin any. Religion can't be "proven" or "disproven"; it is simply a way of life.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

When it comes right down to it, both God and evolution could be considered illogical, at least to some extent. Evolution has yet to be proven, because no transitional creatures have been found. You won't find a half monkey/half human, and a creature of that nature would be necessary to prove evolution. And as far as proving God goes, needless to say, that hasn't been done either.

But, even though evolution can at least be partially explained by science (although it still has plenty of flaws), theoretically, the existence of God is still more logical, because it can't be disproved.

However, disproving God is basically impossible. After all, God is not based on science or earthly facts and figures; the existence of God is based totally on the belief that there is a being that can basically do whatever he wants, and since He makes the rules, he can have them be whatever He wishes. And if He makes the rules, there is no possible way that He can break them, which means there is no possible way that He can be disproven. No logical person could simply write the existence of a God off as fantasy.

Very good point. *copy + paste*

Someone smart once said "If there was not a god we would invent one", and another said: There is a god, and all we need to remember is that it's not me.

If it isn't broke, tweak it.

hey there, medab 1! sorry but we're not that concerned about what OTHER people think. Maybe posting what you think would be better?

i think that religion is a very personal subject that invokes a lot of emotion in people. i dont believe that you can "rationally" or "scientifically" discuss it, because it is based on faith, and is not scientifically based as society has defined scientific. that is what makes it so special for those that believe-they dont need to rationalize it to others, because the basis needed to rationalize is flawed.