motherboard problem? not to sure...

TheFiresInTheSky

well, just as i was typing this, it did it again. a while back when i first got my laptop, (used toshiba) there was a problem. the mouse would work, then not work. it kept doing that. then, it just kinda fixed itself or i did something...not to sure, but it stopped working period. it eventually started working off and on again. but then, when you were using it, and it went out, the keyboard would go out too. i reinstalled windows and now if i just bump the mouse, even a little, the keyboard stops working completely but the mouse never starts working. someone told me it could have been the motherboard. any ideas?

OR AT LEAST, HOW CAN I DISABLE IT FOR THE MOMENT? I HAVE A USB MOUSE TO USE BUT I NEED TO KEEP THE KEYBOARD WORKING!

• Moderators

Take it to a computer technician or a licensed repair computer shop.

However! It wouldn't make much sense tying up allot of money into it as a repair job, when you may be able to get a new laptop in a similiar price range when compared to a repair job.

Or, you could just be like me and hook an external mouse/keyboard up to your notebook. :D

You definitely won't want to mess around with the notebook's inards on your own. Generally the only easy-to-access parts of a notebook are the RAM and the hard drive. Some also have removable optical drives, wireless cards, etc., but most current notebooks really aren't designed to be tampered with by the user.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Or, you could just be like me and hook an external mouse/keyboard up to your notebook. :D

You definitely won't want to mess around with the notebook's inards on your own. Generally the only easy-to-access parts of a notebook are the RAM and the hard drive. Some also have removable optical drives, wireless cards, etc., but most current notebooks really aren't designed to be tampered with by the user.

OMG!!! L-Dog is in the house!

hijacked!!

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

• Moderators

Have you contacted the manufacturer themselves? Visit their website and get phone numbers, email address, or snail mail address.

You may need to send it in for service to the manufacturer, however if you do send it in plan on being without it for a tidbit of time and make sure they give you a price quote before you allow them to fix it.