Piriform Community Forums
jmjensen

CC Cleaner not removing files

I purchased a copy of CCCleaner Pro for my Mac. When I run analyse it identifies just under 10000 files to be deleted (Pic One). But when I run Cleaner no files are deleted (pic two). What is happening?

2018-01-05_203539.jpg.7d9f390e12b89412f801c2d1d8af79da.jpg

Edited by DennisD
Direct download removed.

Hi jmjenson and welcome to the forum.

Not many Mac users on here I'm afraid, but as you have CCleaner Pro you are entitled to direct support from the Piriform development team ...

https://piriform.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Other than that, one of the guys may have come across your issue before and that being the case I'm sure they'll contribute to your post.

I removed your direct download link by the way, and replaced it with an image, as we're not keen on that type of link for security reasons. Nothing personal.  :)

I've also moved your topic to the "CCleaner for Mac" section.

Can you guys tell me which version of IOS you're running and I'll point the Piriform devs to your posts.

They'll need at least that information to formulate any kind of reply.

Thanks.

Thanks for posting that info pelican, and welcome to the forum.

I notice from the screenies that we have two slightly different versions of IOS in the topic.

I've pointed the devs here, but can't promise that they'll reply. You never know.  :)

Hi,

Any update on this?

I have been using CCleaner for many years and have paid for Pro on my personal PCs. But I use a Mac at work, and currently, it's pretty pointless having CCleaner installed as it is not cleaning files as advertised.

Thanks,

Would very much like an update to this too. The mac product used to work for me, but is now essentially completely broken. The problem began when I upgraded to High Sierra, and it currently affects both mac laptops I own. Thanks!

I want my money back. When I pay for a program, I expect it to perform the task it is intended to perform, and CCleaner Pro clearly does not. 

I want it to delete Quick Look data, but while it finds the files, it does not delete them.

CCleaner Pro build 1.14.451

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2

5 months, still nothing ?! Disgusting.

Piriform, either respond with a reasonable excuse why you are ignoring your users, fix the problems or pull CCleaner for Mac from your site.

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, digital content should be of a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described. It is NOT fit for purpose and does NOT run as advertised.

Is anyone still interested in this topic? I see that the posts are from May... If anyone does care, I am finding the same thing with CClearner on my windows 7 machine. It tells me I have about 100 MB to be deleted and then it gets rid of just 5 kb... FWIW

Doug

1 hour ago, DouglasDale said:

Is anyone still interested in this topic? I see that the posts are from May... If anyone does care, I am finding the same thing with CClearner on my windows 7 machine. It tells me I have about 100 MB to be deleted and then it gets rid of just 5 kb... FWIW

Doug

Your problem is different.  This thread is about ccleaner for mac.  Please start your own thread in the ccleaner bugs board.