CC Cleaner not removing files

jmjensen

I purchased a copy of CCCleaner Pro for my Mac. When I run analyse it identifies just under 10000 files to be deleted (Pic One). But when I run Cleaner no files are deleted (pic two). What is happening?

2018-01-05_203539.jpg.7d9f390e12b89412f801c2d1d8af79da.jpg

Edited by DennisD
Direct download removed.

• Moderators

Hi jmjenson and welcome to the forum.

Not many Mac users on here I'm afraid, but as you have CCleaner Pro you are entitled to direct support from the Piriform development team ...

https://piriform.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Other than that, one of the guys may have come across your issue before and that being the case I'm sure they'll contribute to your post.

I removed your direct download link by the way, and replaced it with an image, as we're not keen on that type of link for security reasons. Nothing personal.  :)

I've also moved your topic to the "CCleaner for Mac" section.

• Moderators

Thanks for posting that info pelican, and welcome to the forum.

I notice from the screenies that we have two slightly different versions of IOS in the topic.

I've pointed the devs here, but can't promise that they'll reply. You never know.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Would very much like an update to this too. The mac product used to work for me, but is now essentially completely broken. The problem began when I upgraded to High Sierra, and it currently affects both mac laptops I own. Thanks!

I want my money back. When I pay for a program, I expect it to perform the task it is intended to perform, and CCleaner Pro clearly does not. 

I want it to delete Quick Look data, but while it finds the files, it does not delete them.

CCleaner Pro build 1.14.451

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

5 months, still nothing ?! Disgusting.

Piriform, either respond with a reasonable excuse why you are ignoring your users, fix the problems or pull CCleaner for Mac from your site.

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, digital content should be of a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described. It is NOT fit for purpose and does NOT run as advertised.

• 9 months later...

I have this problem also. Just started in the last few days.  It launches searches for files finds them all good up to this point. Click on clean and it starts to work but never leaves 0%. Just set there.  Then I noticed after messing around with it that it would run up to 69% then hangup again. clicked on the open window and up-poped the {password needed) poo-paw. Then it rans again stoped (password-Needed) then completed but files not erased ... I,m wondering if the new version 1.15.507 is not my problem. wish I could go back to the previous version..

I'm running imac 8.1 OSX 10:11:6 (2008) 

• 2 weeks later...

SkrubWorm,

I've had a similar problem, roughly since updating my OS to High Sierra. My CCleaner Pro takes roughly 30 min to fully execute, then several hours to remove files. After about 45 min I'm prompted to enter an admin password. Safari files take longest to process; Firefox second longest; Chrome, Opera etc go relatively quickly. I thought the app was entirely broken, but it's just interminably slow.

It is exceedingly frustrating that Piriform now seems to regard Mac users as marginal. If it's going to drop Mac support, have the courtesy of informing (and refunding) us.

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

As this is an official company website i've edited your post to remove competition software name.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
12 hours ago, hanifanze said:

nothing is deleted when I run CCleaner. Any help?

Please start your own thread to best have the community answer your question.  Please in your new thread include crucial details.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

20 hours ago, hanifanze said:

nothing is deleted when I run CCleaner. Any help?

@hanifanze, I agree with @SkrubWorm, I'd go and look for an alternative. Piriform doesn't care about Mac users CCleaner hardly ever gets an update (14 months ago) and are extremely slow at keeping up with macOS updates. And since the acquisition by Avast (presuming I'm allowed to mention other company names?!), the free Windows version is getting so bloated with unnecessary 'features', pop-ups and sneakily installing 3rd party software (Avast Anti Virus, coincidentally <_<), it's becoming unusable. It's definitely living up to its original name and what the first 'C' in CCleaner stands for! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CCleaner

• Admin
2 hours ago, Pelican_Support said:

Piriform doesn't care about Mac users CCleaner hardly ever gets an update (14 months ago) 

According to my calendar, CCleaner for Mac version 1.16 was released 46 days ago:

v1.16.573 (21 Jun 2019)
macOS 
- Added full support for macOS Mojave 

Browser Cleaning 
- Safari: Updated Cache and cookie cleaning 
- Firefox: Improved Session cleaning 

Bug Fixes 
- Fixed an issue where the users password is requested multiple times when cleaning 
- Crash fix when cleaning System Logs on OSX Mountain Lion 
- Fixed an intermittent issue causing crashes when cleaning cookies 

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes

• Admin

By the way, this thread reached a natural conclusion back in March.  Everyone who has responded recently to @hanifanze's post was talking to a spambot who necro'ed this thread by copying text from a post back in January 2018 to inject a spam link.

For the actual humans in this thread I would recommend:

• Upgrading to the latest CCleaner for Mac 1.16 - especially if you are using MacOS 10.14 (Mojave) which is not supported by earlier CCleaner for Mac versions.
  • If your copy of CCleaner is having troubles updating from the software console you can download the latest version via the website using the green download button on https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download?mac.
  • Note that newer versions of CCleaner for Mac no longer support legacy Mac OS versions 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and 10.7 (Lion)
  • Remember - after clicking "Analyze" to see what files will be deleted, you still need to click "Run CCleaner" to execute the cleaning
  • Customers with an active paid licence for CCleaner for Mac (ie: have purchased or renewed in the past 12 months) are entitled to direct personal assistance from the CCleaner support team via email or through the web form https://support.piriform.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
  • Free users and users whose subscription has expired can ask for community support from fellow users on this forum.  Keep in mind, however, that there are a lot more CCleaner users on PCs than Macs, so Mac users need to be willing to pitch in and help each other out.

Piriform Homepage - [CCleaner - CCleaner Mac - CCleaner Android - CCleaner Browser - Recuva - Speccy - Kamo] - Product Support

Looking for your licence key, expiry date or download link? Check here first: https://www.ccleaner.com/support/license-lookup
To find out how we protect your privacy - read CCleaner's Data Factsheet.
What's new? Check the latest CCleaner for Windows release notes