CCleaner Duplicate File Finder Doesn't work on local OneDrive directory

atlong

Hi all,

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-bit on a desktop PC.  I have Microsoft OneDrive set up to save my many files I wish to store in the cloud.  As you may know, OneDrive stores a local copy of all its files from the cloud on your PC in the C:\users\username\onedrive directory.  While the premise of this makes no sense from a cloud storage standpoint, it should enable the CCleaner app to see this directory as any other directory on the PC.  Unfortunately, I have searched these forums up and down and cannot find a resolution to the problem that multiple CCleaner users have reported that the duplicate file finder will allow the entry of this local directory for OneDrive, but it will NOT scan it and instantly returns a message that "file search has completed" and nothing was found, when obviously that is not the case as I have hundreds of gigs of files, many of which are duplicated.  Can anyone or CCleaner dev team provide insight into this issue?  If more info is needed, I can certainly provide it.  I am running the free version of CCleaner: v5.38.6357 (64-bit).

Thanks very kindly in advance.