Unable to locate missing files

ConfidentExcuse

Hello everybody

After a Windows update, I lost a folder that was located in the C unit and protected with a program called MyLockbox. The folder was named 'none' and contained different types of files to about 60 GB. Using Recuva I was able to find some files but the destination appears as C:/?/ leaving me but no clue of what to do. It seems there is no way to restore that entire '? folder' and not all the data seems to be on the list, yet at least I am sure the files are on the computer but I honestly don't know what to do. There were files there that I can't even recall, for example, a Whatsapp database, some PDFs and photos. I highly appreciate your help.

df.jpeg

• Moderators

Make sure the windows update didn't just move the program folder to windows.old folder

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

The ? means that the owning folder (in this case the folder that held WhatsApp Video) has been deleted and Recuva can't rebuild the folder chain back to the root. I'm afraid that you'll have to do what you can with the files that Recuva has found.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/1/2018 at 15:11, Nergal said:

Make sure the windows update didn't just move the program folder to windows.old folder

Not quite sure what you mean, is there a windows.old folder? I couldn't find it. I´ve been recovering some file little by little but I still got hope to recover the whole folder :(

On 2/1/2018 at 15:16, Augeas said:

The ? means that the owning folder (in this case the folder that held WhatsApp Video) has been deleted and Recuva can't rebuild the folder chain back to the root. I'm afraid that you'll have to do what you can with the files that Recuva has found.

Thank you very much for your response. I feel like there is still a way to find it. But I´ll see what I can do.