Recuva Deleted My Files???

Blysse

Hi there. 

This is a bit of a story so please bare with me. 

So I have a hard drive that was corrupted about a month ago. I am unsure how but the file type got changed to RAW quite suddenly. It had no hard falls, no unsafe disconnection, no real reason to break. But it did. SO to try to recovery everything I paid for and used Recuva. After about a month of letting it sit it was only %13 of the way. I knew this would take a while, but unfortunately I had run out of time. The computer I was doing the recovery on was not mine and I needed to give it back. So today I stopped the recovery process by canceling it. I do not recall it EVER asking to delete or replace the recovered files, only that it would save what it had already recovered to a hard drive. Which it did. 

Now this is where it gets weird. 

So I purchased a computer that was BETTER than the one it was originally running on JUST to get this done. 

After moving everything over and running another scan I found something weird. Not only did it not find my files, but it suddenly found every system file of the other computer it was previously plugged into. 

There is NO reason it should have moved the entire system file to my broken hard drive that wont even open. And theres NO reason that the files that were there should be gone. The only thing I can think of is that Recuva erased my disk without me knowing and replaced everything on its own. But I cant imagine how. All I did was cancel the recovery and eject the disk like usual. 

Before the scan found over 100,000 files all of which were mine. Now the program only finds 76,000 and almost NONE of them are mine (about 20 total are actually mine now).

Does anyone have any idea what happened here? Would a deep scan find the files if they have indeed been replaced some how? I'm kinda freaking out here this should not have happened...