Unable to Enable System Monitoring/Browser/Active monitoring

dimensionone

Have a question, I have installed the latest version of ccleaner, but the fields under Monitoring are all greyed out. I cannot select any of the fields. I have reinstalled the version and still cannot select any of these fields. Can you advise. i have pro version of ccleaner. All other functionalities working fine.

• Moderators

have you registered your Pro version?

what are your OS and CC versions?
do you save your settings to an .INI file, if so, check ccleaner.ini for these entries;

Monitoring=1
SystemMonitoring=1
BrowserMonitoring=1

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Hi,

yes CCleaner is registered, I have also tried to redownload and reinstall the version.

I had there - Monitoring=0

I have updated the ini file to 

Monitoring=1
SystemMonitoring=1
BrowserMonitoring=1

I can see, that these options are checked, but cannot update any values there. See the attached picture.

All the other professional functionality is working fine.

CCleaner-No Monitoring.PNG

• Moderators

getting into the realm of straw clutching now....

what about right clicking your CC in the System Tray and Exit.
then rename your ccleaner.ini to ccleaner.old and restart CC, any luck?  (just wondering if the .ini file is screwed up somehow)

• Moderators
32 minutes ago, mta said:

getting into the realm of straw clutching now....

Here's a straw to have a clutch at mta ... How on earth in that screen shot do you get "Cookies" and "Monitoring" to be highlighted at the same time?

I wouldn't have thought that possible because no matter what combination of keys I press (shift, alt, ctrl for example), I cannot get two sections highlighted together at the same time. They can both be highlighted momentarily while changing from one to the other, but the program seems to freeze for that slight moment.

Just a long shot, but if no one else can do that, then something could be amiss and interfering with CCleaners normal functioning.

If it's only me that can't do that, then disregard everything I've just said.   :)

• Moderators

Only time I've seen these options greyed out is in ccleaner portable.  Is there a portable.dat file in your ccleaner installation folder?

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
5 hours ago, DennisD said:

How on earth in that screen shot do you get "Cookies" and "Monitoring" to be highlighted at the same time?

saw that straight away but managed to duplicate it, so figured it wasn't a rabbit hole to go down.

you just click on Monitoring to select it, that turns blue, then move your mouse up to Cookies, it turns blue, then take your screenshot.

PS: put the glass down and walk away from the egg-nog !!! ;)

8 hours ago, Nergal said:

Only time I've seen these options greyed out is in ccleaner portable.  Is there a portable.dat file in your ccleaner installation folder?

Thank you for your help, this was the case! I have found the portable.dat file in the installation folder. I deleted it and restarted the ccleaner. Now the options are active. I'am still not sure, where I have downloaded the portable version. Uninstalling did not helped to remove the portable.dat file, so after i have installed the fresh version, the system behaved again the same way. It would be good, if ccleaner will display somewhere (maybe in the header banner), that portable version is running.

• Moderators
10 hours ago, Nergal said:

Only time I've seen these options greyed out is in ccleaner portable.

Yes because monitoring wouldn't necessarily fit into a portable environment. However still good to know the cause if someone manually updates for whatever reason using the portable ZIP, i.e.; if the installer is failing to work.