CCleaner v1.29 Note

MrG

CCleaner v1.29 Note
I'm looking forward to it.

I will post an announcement over at Calendar of Updates (CoU) when I see v1.29 is available and I have tested it on my WinXP Home with SP2 system. :D

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Hi all,

Just a quick note to say a new version will be out next week, or maybe the end of this week.

Current changes include support for IE7 cookies. :)

MrG

Sweetness! Thanks a bizzle, Mista G-to-the-izzle.

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

Hey everyone,

I'm new to the forums..but not to the program... I found CCleaner from Spy Checker awhile ago...back in version 1.25, I believe.

I love this program, for the fact that it cleans out everything in one single sweep. Also, the Issue Checker, the Uninstaller, the Startup section are all awesome, along with the introduction of the Secure File Deletion.

(NSA = :DB):P = awesome--lol)

Thnx for developing such an awesome freeware program!

AJ

PS- Get 1.29 up and running!!!

What about cleaning of "menu order cache", "recent documents" and so on... will this be working again?

(see here http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=4592 )

And will this be fixed?

"slow deleting of entries in listbox under "issues"

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=4593

my private homepage www.energie-bewusstsein.de - stop wasting energy!

What about cleaning of "menu order cache", "recent documents" and so on... will this be working again?

(see here http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=4592 )

And will this be fixed?

"slow deleting of entries in listbox under "issues"

http://forum.ccleaner.com/index.php?showtopic=4593

MrG, these things aren't broken. There is something wrong with this person's machine.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Strange... I have windows xp sp2 on three different computers.... Moreover, one of them has a a fresh installation of win xp. But these options are working on none of them :(

And it could only be a problem of ccleaner.. because all other things on my computer run fine. Furthermore, other cleaners found these entries... only ccleaner makes trouble.

Or do I need another cleaner to get ccleaner working? ;)

It is strange because it works on all 3 of my machines, and not on all 3 of yours. This is very strange. <_<

Now I'm not sure if it's CC or not.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Ohh sorry I just found out why I thought it doesn't work:

- I checked option "Recent Documents" and clicked on "Analyse"

After that, it showed:

ANALYSIS COMPLETE - (0,029 secs)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 bytes to be removed. (Approximate size)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because of the "0 bytes to be removed." I thought all the time, that it couldn't find anything!

But now, I clicked on "Run cleaner" and it deleted the files!

That "0 bytes to be removed." is very confusing...

Users like me think that it didn't find anything to clear.... :)

there should be a better message!

• Moderators

That "0 bytes to be removed." is very confusing...

Yeah someone reported a while back about filesize not matching between Analyze and Run Cleaner. I personally just click Run Cleaner and don't use Analyze.

IE7 - ??

Using IE6 here.. but on Windows ME and 98 Second edition on my computers..

Is IE7 for XP only or something .. or for ME / 98 as well?

Thanks in advance...

I've never checked back for a while, but one of the Windows newsgroups on usenet said that IE7 will only be available for WXP, and perhaps only for SP2 too.

I may be wrong, but I'm sure new Windows software like IE7 are only to be made available for WXP operating systems.

You definitely wouldn't want it for 98/Me anyway. It can only serve to make things worse.

Would you have any idea when IE7 is coming out of beta? It was supposed to be last autumn / fall but is yet to be fully released...

No, as I hate IE. :P

What do you use? Firefox? Opera? And why? I'm trying to decide whether to switch from IE to Firefox but can't seem to make my mind up.

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

What do you use? Firefox? Opera? And why? I'm trying to decide whether to switch from IE to Firefox but can't seem to make my mind up.

I switched to FF about 2 years ago, and have never regretted it. Firefox is by far a better browser, more user friendly and safer, as most exploits appear aimed at IE, since it is part of Windows. It has tabbed browsing, meaning you can view more than one website within the browser. It also doesn't have index.dat files in the way IE has. This means they are easily deleted, unlike the index.dat files within IE which take some removing.

There are also some cool Themes that can be downloaded, to change the appearance (skin) of FF and the user interface can be personalised in a much better way than IE.

It's no coincidence that IE7 looks more like FF, while IE6 looks clunky and old fashioned.