where's the portable version?

Special

• Moderators

The devs have decided to delay the portable version until the slim release.  it is unclear if this is just for this version or going forward but this is a test trial of this policy.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

6 hours ago, Nergal said:

The devs have decided to delay the portable version until the slim release.  it is unclear if this is just for this version or going forward but this is a test trial of this policy.

What a genius idea <_<

You have the link right.  :)

The portable and the slim versions usually come along a few days after the installer version.   Afaik they will be available soon. 

edit:  see also here: (link removed) 

Edited by login123
removed link to this topic

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

16 hours ago, login123 said:

You have the link right.  :)

The portable and the slim versions usually come along a few days after the installer version.   Afaik they will be available soon. 

edit:  see also here:

https://forum.piriform.com/topic/49281-wheres-the-portable-version/

Actually that's not true. The portable version has always been available immediately.

IMO this is a dumb move and will just lead to portable users running old versions if every time they get notification of an update, no update is available to download. I get the reason why they hold back the slim version, but doing so with the portable version makes no sense. If you use the installed version, you can use the full installer if you don't wanna wait. You don't have that option if you use the portable version.

10 hours ago, methesdula said:

I'm pretty sure that the question being tested is, "If we force people who want up-to-date security to download the full installer initially, will we get more installs of the bundled Avast?"

Lol
I'm sure they are looking at the statistics right now. Well, can't blame them for trying. Did Joe Sixpack really cared about using the slim/portable versions? I mean, those are the target of the bundled stuff, those that don't care/know and install the first thing that hits their faces. Savvy enough ppl that installed the slim or use the portable won't be tricked into this. Just sayin.

Anyways, if you're like me and like to keep things neat and installed just install any older slim version. Then open the last full installer with 7zip (winrar won't work, I tried) and extract and replace the files of your installed version (lang folder, ccleaner exes and unist). Tada, lastest slim version installed, with working uninstaller.

P.S.: If ppl really do install Avast more, with no slim version available from the get go, then 1) the world is doomed 2) if this keeps your boat floating, well, I really don't care. From buying a BD to watch on my tablet to installing ccleaner (from bypassing DRM to bypassing an installer) it's a game I'm too used by now. Everything needs workarounds these days anyways. One more won't hurt :ph34r:

16 hours ago, JDPower said:

Actually that's not true. The portable version has always been available immediately.
. . . IMO this is a dumb move . . .

I stand corrected.   Didn't remember for sure if one or both were delayed. 

Fwiw, I agree it's a bad move. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

On 12/12/2017 at 14:14, Nergal said:

I recently switched to the portable build of CCleaner and will stick with this build unless Piriform / Avast  adds a setting in the standard build to disable the new Emergency Updater feature per my suggestion <here>.

I don't understand the logic of delaying the release of installers for the portable build, but I suspect  methesdula's comment <here> about Piriform / Avast trying to push bundled software with the standard installer is relevant to the decision.
-----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.5.2 * NS Premium v22.11.2.7 * MB Premium v3.3.1 * CCleaner Free Portable v5.37.6309

• Moderators
5 hours ago, f23948 said:

still no latest version for portable version yet

see post #2.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

11 minutes ago, Augeas said:

I might be missing something, but is there a path to the builds page anymore? The only way I can find to access it it by typing in the url directly.

Was only a matter of time before Avast started making Piriform products less freeware user friendly. Next step, remove the slim and portable versions altogether. Then cripple, or ad fill, the free version <_<

23 minutes ago, Augeas said:

I might be missing something, but is there a path to the builds page anymore? The only way I can find to access it it by typing in the url directly.

nothing... has santa claus it taken away?

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

1 hour ago, Augeas said:

Hi Augeas:

The link https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds still redirects me to the correct page with the latest v5.38 portable and slim versions but I can no longer see any mention of the builds page on the main CCleaner download page at https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download below the System Requirements section.
-----------
32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.5.2 * NS Premium v22.11.2.7 * MB Premium v3.3.1 * CCleaner Free Portable v5.38.6357

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

the link is provided in the first post in this thread.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.