Piriform Community Forums
Andavari

How to change your avatar image using Invision v4.2.5

How to change your avatar image using Invision v4.2.5:
1. At the upper-right click your user name.
2. Click Profile.
3. Click the image icon, and then choose your local image file to upload as your avatar. Screenshot example:
IPB_v425_Change_Avatar.png.f9298cc718462b53009445b1fb76114f.png

has that been an issue?
I thought people are ticked because of the circle cutting their usual avatar down.

Some don't know that's how you change the avatar now, I certainly didn't and had to figure it out when asked in a PM by someone. Dumbing down stuff for the sake of making it look "clean" has drawbacks.

I was going to post about not being able to find it last week on the xmas avatar thread.

I did find it in the end but it's not exactly intuitive, especially when you are used to seeing a clearly worded option in your profile or user settings.

One of those cases of-  if you can't find the old setting then look for some obscure new symbol and click on it to see what it does.

I've lost the "Happy Holidays" beneath my little feet there.

Isn't this forum change exciting though. A veritable voyage of discovery.   :lol:

Well I thought I better join in and have the snow piled up against the windows for my avatar.

This forum warrants a degree after studying it at University for a year there is so much hidden.

Love the avatars guys.

We just need Nergal to find a Grinch with a smile and a red and white wooly hat and Christmas will be almost complete.  :lol:

I used Paint.net and make a transparent border around mine, it's easier if it's square though. I used 300x300 with the image well inside the square so it wouldn't be cut-off.

Couldn't get the avatar picker site to work correctly, but putting a border around the original picture worked. 

Thanks. 

3 hours ago, login123 said:

Couldn't get the avatar picker site to work correctly,

For some reason you have to browse  / upload your image twice before it shows and you can right click 'saveas'.

Nice find Hazel.