Ccleaner not cleaning youtube cookies?

alhazred

Hi,

Not really a major problem, but the other day after cleaning cookies, tif, and history with CCleaner I noticed that recommendations based on my youtube viewing habits were still being shown, leading me to believe that it is not clearing youtube cookies.  I don't sign in on youtube so it's not connected with that.  I have set a few cookies to be saved but none of them are youtube.  If I clean with the standard IE internet options when I visit youtube the recommendations based on viewing habits are gone and the page is back to a default viewing.

Any idea what's going on?

• Moderators

Make sure it's not in Cookies to Keep!

Open CCleaner and go into:
1. Options > Cookies
2. If you see YouTube.com listed in 'Cookies to Keep' highlight it with your mouse and press the back arrow in CCleaner <- which will move it into 'Cookies on Computer' which will then allow CCleaner to delete them.

16 hours ago, Andavari said:

Make sure it's not in Cookies to Keep!

Open CCleaner and go into:
1. Options > Cookies
2. If you see YouTube.com listed in 'Cookies to Keep' highlight it with your mouse and press the back arrow in CCleaner <- which will move it into 'Cookies on Computer' which will then allow CCleaner to delete them.

Hi,

There are no youtube cookies set to keep.  I actually removed all cookies to keep to see if it would clean the youtube recommendations and it still didn't work.

As I said, no big deal but it just seems weird that CCleaner can't seem to be able to do this where as the Microsoft Internet Options can.

• 5 months later...
Guest Stephen CCleaner
On 11/11/2017 at 19:08, alhazred said:

There are no youtube cookies set to keep.  I actually removed all cookies to keep to see if it would clean the youtube recommendations and it still didn't work.

As I said, no big deal but it just seems weird that CCleaner can't seem to be a

This will be fixed in this month's release. Note that we can only clean viewing history for users who are not logged into a Google account.