New forum look.

nukecad

1 hour ago, mta said:

that has happened to me, logged out but still showed me as online, and hitting F5 (or was it Ctrl+F5), anyway either 'little' refresh or 'big hammer' refresh fixed it.

or was yours a 'first time' browser login?

Not sure, but it was gone this time.  Will try to notice next time.  Thanks. 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

I hadn't noticed that, I usually change page as soon as I have logged out, but it's also still showing me in the online list after I have logged out.
Even if I log out, navigate away from the forum, visit another couple of sites, and come back it's still showing me in the online list even though its asking for a sign-in at the top right.

I decided to see how it went over time and revisited about every 5 mins after logging out.
I disappeared from the online list after 30 minutes.

A bit more playing about showed that the cause of this is the 'Remember me' tickbox when you are logging in.
If 'Remember me' is not checked then you are removed from the online list as soon as you logout.
If 'Remember me' is checked then you are show as still online for 30 mins after you have logged out.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

And - as far as I can see - there's no direct link to Piriform.com, and I can't see in the Activity panel any indication that I have posted in any particular thread. Or any indication that a user is online or not (without hovering over the userid).

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Augeas said:

And - as far as I can see - there's no direct link to Piriform.com, and I can't see in the Activity panel any indication that I have posted in any particular thread. Or any indication that a user is online or not (without hovering over the userid).

When you open the Activity panel if you have replied in any of the posts listed there will be a star next to it.

There does seem to be no link to Piriform.com now.

Do you not have an '  online ' panel, or do you mean something else?

I dislike the word 'newbies' that are showing for new members.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
1 hour ago, hazelnut said:

I dislike the word 'newbies' that are showing for new members.

I don't like that being there at all. Sure you can temporarily remove what you don't like for a particular session that you're logged in, but it never retains the setting.

All-in-all a pretty awful update!

• Moderators
5 hours ago, hazelnut said:

When you open the Activity panel if you have replied in any of the posts listed there will be a star next to it.

Do you not have an '  online ' panel, or do you mean something else?

Ah, missed the star, so ta.

I have an Online Users panel, but only within a thread or within the Browse panel, not in the Activity panel which is my default view. When I open Online Users I get three pages of Guests, so I won't be doing that very often.

But of all my niggles, I think that being unable to see the real post time, and it being in US form, is the worst. Certainly for those who have to be on the forum multiple times a day.

• Moderators
On 12/11/2017 at 5:02 AM, hazelnut said:

I will see if I can find out for you. May take a day or so with it being the weekend.

Did you get any feedback about this flood control issue? It's still being a pain when I want to do the occasional search.

I know that flood control is used as a tool against spambots/searchbots, but does it realy need to be set so long for regular members?

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I really think it would be good to put those tick boxes back to delete attachments.  Also the post numbers.

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

• Moderators

Apparently the deleting of attachments is now another usergroup setting (similar to the flood control issue).

It seems most usergroups have not been given permission to delete their own attachments.

Unless the attachment storage limits are increased (storage is cheap these days) regular contributors are soon going to lose the ability to attach anything because their attachment quota will be full.

Is it possible to make the old links to other posts working again?

Old link: ...//forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=12345&page=1&do=findComment&comment=123456
New link:  ...//forum.piriform.com/topic/12345-abcdefgh/?do=findComment&comment=123456

• Moderators
On 20/11/2017 at 13:21, nukecad said:

Did you get any feedback about this flood control issue? It's still being a pain when I want to do the occasional search.

I know that flood control is used as a tool against spambots/searchbots, but does it realy need to be set so long for regular members?

nukecad can you check flood control now to see if there is an improvement for you?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
8 hours ago, hazelnut said:

nukecad can you check flood control now to see if there is an improvement for you?

Yes thanks, (and thanks Admin).

Even when I tried to push it by changing search pages straight away I only managed to trigger it the once.

• 1 month later...
On 27.11.2017 at 10:40, APMichael said:

Is it possible to make the old links to other posts working again?

Old link: ...//forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=12345&page=1&do=findComment&comment=123456
New link:  ...//forum.piriform.com/topic/12345-abcdefgh/?do=findComment&comment=123456

The old links still don't work. Using a RewriteRule should probably fix the issue?

I went back through some old posts and found many links to Rule 10 concerning malware removal to be broken. 

Like where a member had advised someone to see rule 10 and not give malware advice

Some posts as recent as 2017.  Didn't check anything before 2015. 

• Moderators
23 hours ago, login123 said:

I went back through some old posts and found many links to Rule 10 concerning malware removal to be broken.

IPB updates have traditionally broken allot of things such as many links within the forum. Strangely the very old topic I made years ago about fixing DMA in Windows now after many years has properly working screenshots in this forum software version.

• 3 weeks later...

- I noticed that my signature is back. Thumbs up for Piriform !!!!!!! Thanks to the moderators who applied a (little) "pressure" ?

- Perhaps the avatar box can be become rectangular (again) ? I hate to lose a part of my ear (of my previous avatar).

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

• Moderators

We had nothing to do with the signatures coming back, I think it surprised us like everyone else. The only thing with the signatures coming back is they have gaps in-between the lines of text (an eyesore in some instances), and also nobody has the ability to modify their own signature so there's no way to change/edit/delete them, or at least I've not been able to find any option to do so.

Scratch that, now there's an option in Account Settings to change the signature - that wasn't there the other day, I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 26/11/2017 at 14:40, nukecad said:

Unless the attachment storage limits are increased (storage is cheap these days) regular contributors are soon going to lose the ability to attach anything because their attachment quota will be full.

Well I hit my attachment quota limit today.

Had to go and delete a load of my old attachments, anything before 2017 went.
(Not something I realy like doing as it can leave 'holes' in old threads).