Pending File Rename Operations Log

SMalik

Please remove the deleting of PFRO.log from "Windows Log Files". It holds information about the files that are pending to be renamed. A file rename operation was not successful on my system. I ran CCleaner and it deleted PFRO.log file. I had problem finding the files and their locations that were not successfully renamed. I have tried some other privacy eraser programs and none of them delete PFRO.log file.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc960241.aspx

post-43934-0-28339100-1509221934_thumb.png

• Moderators

isn't the reg key the spot that holds the file names to be renamed?

is the log file is the progress, or outcome, of those actions?

and if the files were not successfully renamed, would they not still be in their original name in their original folder?

when you ran CC, did you also do a reg clean?

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

isn't the reg key the spot that holds the file names to be renamed?

is the log file is the progress, or outcome, of those actions?

and if the files were not successfully renamed, would they not still be in their original name in their original folder?

when you ran CC, did you also do a reg clean?

1. The reg key, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\FileRenameOperations, does not hold the file names.

2. The log file is a mixture of the progress and outcome.

3. After the file rename operation is started, the files names get changed, but remain in their original locations.

I also use another privacy eraser program which deletes locked files after renaming them on system restart. I ran that program and when the system restarted, that program did not complete that task successfully. When I looked at the PFRO.log file, all of those files were logged in with their names and locations, which I was planning to remove manually. I mistakenly ran CCleaner and the PFRO.log file got deleted. I did not remember the file locations so I had to find them again, which was difficult.

I have already requested Piriform Support to exclude the PFRO.log file from being deleted with CCleaner. Like I said before, I have tested some other known privacy eraser programs as well and none of them remove this .log file.