Announcement: Security Notification for CCleaner v5.33.6162 and CCleaner Cloud v1.07.3191

Tom CCleaner

Me too. When I first read that, I thought maybe some consultant might have assumed the alert was triggered by the included Google software.  That has happened in the past.  Maybe they thought it was just that again. 

To be sure, I have read everything I can find about this and did not find any responsible malware investigator who wrote it off as insignificant.  Certainly the Piriform folks did not. 

Where DID you get that information?  Not challenging you, not arguing, just asking.  :)

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

On 10/24/2017 at 3:39 PM, Stephen Piriform said:

Version 5.36 is now out. As requested, a list of file hashes for this new version can be found here:

https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=49067

FWIW, I've been impressed by HashMyFiles. A fairly simple tool with drag-and-drop functionality that does perfectly well for checking hashes.

Hi, Checksums are Ok for ccleaner536_slim (self-extracting exe) I just downloaded  from piriform.com, same on VirusTotal, albeit they state that the studied file is a portable executable; a little bit confusing.

Edited by Stephen Piriform
Edited to place your words outside of the quote box.

On 27/10/2017 at 11:33 PM, mta said:

g'day @mykeprime and welcome to the forums,

based on 2 security scans finding nothing, no reg keys found, and that you had the safe 64bit version then Yes, you can assume you are OK.

all you need to do is replace v5.33 with any of the newer ones.

Great, thanks! :)

Just to further clarify; the reg entries would not have been removed by uninstalling ccleaner had they been there?

• Moderators

were you using CCleaner Cloud?

from memory those reg keys were only created if using that version, and only if using v5.35 32bit.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:39 PM, Stephen Piriform said:

Version 5.36 is now out. As requested, a list of file hashes for this new version can be found here:

https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=49067

FWIW, I've been impressed by HashMyFiles. A fairly simple tool with drag-and-drop functionality that does perfectly well for checking hashes.

Hi,

Where may I find file hashes by Piriform for the actual ccleaner537_slim ? Submitted to Virustotal, the one indicated seems to be related to a portable file, therefore still confusing.

Guest Stephen CCleaner
On 11/28/2017 at 15:38, mrdimly said:

Hi,

Where may I find file hashes by Piriform for the actual ccleaner537_slim ? Submitted to Virustotal, the one indicated seems to be related to a portable file, therefore still confusing.

The Slim was released while I was on holiday. I've just added the hashes to the main thread but here they are for convenience.

ccsetup537_slim.exe - CCleaner Free (slim installer)
    MD5:        04b3fa25443419bb87c2b29fb41edbcb
    SHA256:    4d5be2e19d484256106c4ed38af6e8d7c1420c1bf8988a32fd600fd443a69a72

• Guest locked this topic
Guest Stephen CCleaner

I'll close the thread here as it seems to have run its course.

Please feel free to start a new thread for any other questions.

• Guest unpinned this topic