Jump to content
Piriform Community Forums
Tom Piriform

Announcement: Security Notification for CCleaner v5.33.6162 and CCleaner Cloud v1.07.3191

Recommended Posts

Me too. When I first read that, I thought maybe some consultant might have assumed the alert was triggered by the included Google software.  That has happened in the past.  Maybe they thought it was just that again. 

 

To be sure, I have read everything I can find about this and did not find any responsible malware investigator who wrote it off as insignificant.  Certainly the Piriform folks did not. 

 

Where DID you get that information?  Not challenging you, not arguing, just asking.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/24/2017 at 3:39 PM, Stephen Piriform said:

Version 5.36 is now out. As requested, a list of file hashes for this new version can be found here:

 

https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=49067

 

FWIW, I've been impressed by HashMyFiles. A fairly simple tool with drag-and-drop functionality that does perfectly well for checking hashes.

Hi, Checksums are Ok for ccleaner536_slim (self-extracting exe) I just downloaded  from piriform.com, same on VirusTotal, albeit they state that the studied file is a portable executable; a little bit confusing.

Edited by Stephen Piriform
Edited to place your words outside of the quote box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/10/2017 at 11:33 PM, mta said:

g'day @mykeprime and welcome to the forums,

 

based on 2 security scans finding nothing, no reg keys found, and that you had the safe 64bit version then Yes, you can assume you are OK.

all you need to do is replace v5.33 with any of the newer ones.

Great, thanks! :)

Just to further clarify; the reg entries would not have been removed by uninstalling ccleaner had they been there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

were you using CCleaner Cloud?

from memory those reg keys were only created if using that version, and only if using v5.35 32bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2017 at 9:03 PM, mta said:

were you using CCleaner Cloud?

from memory those reg keys were only created if using that version, and only if using v5.35 32bit.

It was the normal install version. on a 64 bit windows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎24‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:39 PM, Stephen Piriform said:

Version 5.36 is now out. As requested, a list of file hashes for this new version can be found here:

 

https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=49067

 

FWIW, I've been impressed by HashMyFiles. A fairly simple tool with drag-and-drop functionality that does perfectly well for checking hashes.

Hi,

Where may I find file hashes by Piriform for the actual ccleaner537_slim ? Submitted to Virustotal, the one indicated seems to be related to a portable file, therefore still confusing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2017 at 15:38, mrdimly said:

Hi,

Where may I find file hashes by Piriform for the actual ccleaner537_slim ? Submitted to Virustotal, the one indicated seems to be related to a portable file, therefore still confusing.

The Slim was released while I was on holiday. I've just added the hashes to the main thread but here they are for convenience.

ccsetup537_slim.exe - CCleaner Free (slim installer)
    MD5:        04b3fa25443419bb87c2b29fb41edbcb
    SHA256:    4d5be2e19d484256106c4ed38af6e8d7c1420c1bf8988a32fd600fd443a69a72

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×