CCleaner Community Forums
eruption77

CCleaner not cleaning Chrome cookies again

Man, I hate clearing this manually, such a pain. Would be zero problem if I didn't need to exclude 3 sites. Might just have to deal with it & get rid of ccleaner if they can't fix this.

I've reinstalled the previous version until the new one is fixed.

I've reinstalled the previous version until the new one is fixed.

Does the previous version work on the current Chrome? Can you tell me what version you're using?

The cCleaner - link via the program goes to a web page with a old version of software.
So you go round and round updating it.
Got it finally by another source that had been updated.
Looks like we will be waiting for next version to come out as the latest version has not fixed the issue.

Edited by GeoffN
Corrected Comments

On 11/14/2017 at 7:06 AM, Stephen Piriform said:

Hey guys,

We are working on this issue for the December release.

PLEASE let this be a Christmas miracle!!!

On 15/11/2017 at 01:06, Stephen Piriform said:

Hey guys,

We are working on this issue for the December release.

that's all we have for the moment.

On 12/4/2017 at 09:02, jparson said:

Any update on when Santa Clause might give us a fix on this issue?

If this indeed what I think it is (Chrome Local Storage Cookies issues), it'll be fixed in v5.38, due December 12th.

2 hours ago, deeky said:

Since the latest version change of CCleaner, it shows Internet explorer cookies as skipped.  I have windows 7 SP1 64 bit.

Please start your own topic as this one is for chrome not ie; your own topic will allow members to provide aid better.

On 2/9/2018 at 14:26, gfhdfhdfhh said:

Fixed in Chrome, but not in FF …

Firefox is a separate issue (this topic was about Chrome), but we have not had any reports of cookie cleaning not working in the latest version of Firefox (version 58).

I do know that cookie storage was changed between Firefox 55 and the latest version, so make sure your Firefox is fully up to date. You need to be very careful that Firefox is fully closed before you run the installer. Most of the time you download the Updater from the browser and the Updater doesn't automatically close Firefox before running, which it needs to do for the update to apply correctly.

THE ISSUE OF NOT CLEANING CHROME IS HAPPENING AGAIN. I HAVE FOLLOWED ALL SUGGESTIONS FROM YOUR REPLIES. IT STILL IS NOT CLEANING CHROME.AS MANY TIMES AS THIS HAPPENS YOU WOULD THINK YOU WOULD FINALLY GET TO THE CAUSE AND THEN IT WOULDN'T HAPPEN AGAIN. BUT EVERYTIME  I UPDATE CC CLEANER IT DOES NOT CLEAN GOOGLE. WHY????????????????????? THIS IS VERY AGGRAVATING TO DEAL WITH.

I have the same issue.  Chrome is not recognized and therefore skipped in the Cleaning Process.  Piriform,  what is your status of fixing this bug? And why has been a persistent issue you have not addressed.