Notification Timeout

Guardian

Is there any way that already exists that we can change the time it takes for the notification to go away? Currently it takes forever to fade away, which is unnecessary and god forbid your mouse goes over it, it becomes solid again and the clock on its disappearing act starts over again.

It would really be nice to set it to disappear quicker, preferably not fade or take forever to do so and not reactive again when it gains "focus" or gets hovered over. It would also be great to decide where on the screen it appears so it is less disruptive and in the way.

Knowledge is Power, Share the Power

• 1 month later...

I agree. I like seeing the notification - provides a sense that the program is actually working - but, it is definitely annoying. Users should be able to control not only how long the notification stays up, but also where it appears. Many programs (eg. Ghostery & Key Scrambler) allow users to control how long and where the notifications appear. It can't be that hard to code those options.

I agree. I like seeing the notification - provides a sense that the program is actually working - but, it is definitely annoying. Users should be able to control not only how long the notification stays up, but also where it appears. Many programs (eg. Ghostery & Key Scrambler) allow users to control how long and where the notifications appear. It can't be that hard to code those options.

Correct, agreed. I have to say that I am surprised and admittedly a bit disappointed that the devs don't read, respond or acknowledge anything, feels like you are just posting for sake of posting which seems like a futile waste of time. My feeling is, what is the point of having these forums for your products if you don't actually interact with your users, listen to them and provide replies.

• Moderators

BTW, did you know, if set to Auto clean on closing without notification, you get a animated icon as a visual clue instead of the big box?

just though it worth mentioning in case it was unknown of.... :)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

BTW, did you know, if set to Auto clean on closing without notification, you get a animated icon as a visual clue instead of the big box?

just though it worth mentioning in case it was unknown of.... :)

Yes, fully aware. We have 11 boxes and on 3 of them (including one of my own) they are set this way but for the rest they need a visual. The fact is that if the feature is there, it should work up to its full potential or be removed, having an alternate way to show something is not an excuse to ignore a presented feature being improved to work better. :huh:

• Moderators

no argument here.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.