CCleaner no longer cleaning cache on Android 6.0 Marshmallow - after years of doing so.

TJZawsum

I'm running Android Marshmallow on my phone, and I have been for a very long time - probably around 2 years. For the vast majority of this time, CCleaner for Android hasn't had any issue cleaning my cache completely.

Now all of a sudden when I select my cache for cleaning it'll say something like - "Cache - 1.3GB to clean" - then I'll click 'clean' and I'll get 'cleaning completed' and it still just says "Cache - 1.3GB to clean" and I just get this error in response: "Only parts of the Cache were cleaned due to system restrictions on this version of Android. Tap here to view and clean items manually." If I do 'tap here' I get a list of apps that I still can't click on or do anything from.

So I'm not sure what the issue is, because I'm sure that CCleaner has had this functionality in the past (on Android M) and it's a new issue that it won't clear the cache.

Is this a root issue? I remember my CCleaner app used to ask for/have root, but it's no longer listed in my SuperSU app list and I can't figure out how to force CCleaner to ask for root permissions.

So - what's the deal? How do I get this functionality back?

Android 6.0 Marshmallow

CCleaner version - v1.20.82

• 1 month later...

I seem to be finding something similar on Windows 10 (64bit)

I have Firefox v56.0 (64) and ccleaner V5.35.6210

When I log off Firefox and the run ccleaner and then log back into Firefox, instead of my home page I get my previous pages returned (or sometimes a Firefox "This is Embarassing" error)

This also happens under ccleaner V5.27 which I just updated but only since Firefox V56

I have Firefox set up so that everything is cleared down when I end that browser session so normally this will just give me my home page when I log in - this is stll working OK UNLESS I run ccleaner in between then I get this prob

(On the ccleaner Firefox options I have all set ON except Site Preferences, Saved Passwords and Compact Databases)

best

Martin

** Edit ** SORRY ! Should have gone to Specsavers - I was so excited to see a thread a;ready open on the topic I hadn't spotted it was for Android only !!

The solution below to untick the "sessions" box for FF56 seems to have wotked - Thanks and again V sorry for misunderstanding

• Moderators

@Mart1n please start your own thread as this is an android thread

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

I agree with nergal that you should have started a new thread In the correct place.

But as its a quick fix - had the same problem with FF56, in CCleaner untick 'sessions' for Firefox

Then please-
Take a bit of time to find out how to make a new post about your own problems in the relevant sub-forum.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

• Moderators

Ok, back on the Android part of this thread

Does ccleaner have root access on your device? Is it, per chance, the thumbnail cache which maybe recreated immediately after clean.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com