Benchmark info = bad drive? doing something wrong?

spudnick

I have a ASUS G73sw ROG Laptop and installed I have the factory Seagate SATA/300 750 GB HD and installed in port 2 I have a Seagate SATA/150  250 GB HD.

Now benchmark results since I started using Defraggler about a year now has only shown the Sata 150 drive performance like 10X or better then the Sata/300 drive

IE today 

Sata/300 shows 8.21 MB/s

Sata/150 Shows  41.40 MB/s

this is actually the closest they have ever been

Normally the sata/300 shows around 3-4 MB/s

What can cause this and what should I do to resolve this issues?

I show 0% fragmentation on each drive

the Sata/150 actually states 0 files and 0 fragments on drive.

where the sata/300 shows 47 files 14.7 MB 104 fragments and this is after running defrag.

• 1 year later...

is the seagate sata 750 gb the system drive?

then it would be ok. i dont know why but also on my systemdrive have the speedtestbenchmark slow speed with 1-5 mb and other drives/partitions shows with more speed

actually c: with 2,91 mb/s

d: with

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

• Moderators
On 11/26/2018 at 22:07, Nautica said:

What does benchmarck mean? And what does it mean to benchmark a file or all files? And should I be doing this?

Benchmarking isn't something you need to be doing, and depending upon the age and condition of the PC there's a chance it can cause a failure to happen if for instance you run a PC stress test/benchmark.

When it comes to disk speed tests/benchmarks with tools like CrystalDiskMark it shows you a best and worst case scenario which is ok but shouldn't be obsessed upon because those numbers don't mean much with how people use their computers. It's mostly drive manufacturers that like to show the best/fast number to help them sale drives.