Internet Explorer Username/Passwords Removed

JMR

In Internet Explorer 11 under Windows 10 (and possibly other versions of Windows), CCleaner v.5.30.6065 removes SOME usernames and passwords... even though the "Autocomplete Form History" and "Saved Passwords" options are NOT selected under the "Internet Explorer" section.  In addition, the websites in question are listed in the "Cookies to Keep" section in Options/Cookies.

• 2 weeks later...

It turns-out that the "Saved Passwords" option under "Microsoft Edge" is wiping-out the usernames/password in Internet Explorer.  This is obviously not supposed to be happening.

• Moderators

Thanks for your report, the developers read all threads, though they rarely reply. Hopefully this issue can be fixed.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Well, I just replicated it on the Piriform forum.  All I did was close the IE browser, go into CCleaner and right-click the "Saved Passwords" option under "Microsoft Edge" and selected "Clean Saved Passwords".

• Admin

Hi JMR

The devs have got back to me and it this is caused because Windows saves Edge and Internet Explorer files in the same place and we can't tell them apart. This means that when we clean something in one browser like this, it will clean it from the other browser too.

Thanks.

• Moderators

Obviously a terrible design by Microsoft.

Just for a change.

I'm not against MS but they do seem to do some strange things, as do many other big computing (and other) companies.

Makes you wonder who is behind these strange decisions.

In computing my bet is on 'marketing departments' pushing trends, and coders trying to do their best with the impossible that is being asked of them.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043