Update Issue

dcsang

Hello,

I have the pro version of CCleaner and it properly alerts me of new releases.  After clicking 'Yes' to proceed I immediately receive the message "CCleaner could not be updated.  0x2efe: The connection with the server was terminated abnormally".  Any thoughts?

Manual downloads and installations work fine.

Thanks!

• 5 months later...

I've manually installed several versions since my initial post because CCleaner will notify me of updates but fail to download them.  I initiated debug mode with the following results.  I didn't see any alerts or log entries from Malwarebytes or ESET Smart Security and I also tried disabling both applications.

[00:27:30::111][INFO ] Application Started
[00:27:30::661][DEBUG] CUpdateCustom::OnCheckSuccess - Setting UpdateKeyTime to Now
[00:27:30::661][DEBUG] AutoUpdateServiceImpl::OnFinished - UpdateCompletion=0 UpdateType=3
[00:27:32::681][ERROR] Error updating CCleaner - 0x2efe: The connection with the server was terminated abnormally

[00:27:32::681][DEBUG] AutoUpdateServiceImpl::OnFinished - UpdateCompletion=5 UpdateType=3
[00:27:32::739][DEBUG] CUpdateCustom::OnCheckSuccess - Setting UpdateKeyTime to Now
[00:27:32::740][DEBUG] AutoUpdateServiceImpl::OnFinished - UpdateCompletion=0 UpdateType=3
[00:27:35::289][ERROR] Error updating CCleaner - 0x2efd: A connection with the server could not be established

[00:27:35::289][DEBUG] AutoUpdateServiceImpl::OnFinished - UpdateCompletion=5 UpdateType=3
[00:27:35::352][DEBUG] CUpdateCustom::OnCheckSuccess - Setting UpdateKeyTime to Now
[00:27:35::352][DEBUG] AutoUpdateServiceImpl::OnFinished - UpdateCompletion=0 UpdateType=3
[00:27:36::329][ERROR] Error updating CCleaner - 0x2efe: The connection with the server was terminated abnormally

What port(s) should explicitly allow in ESET firewall?  I checked the firewall logs and did not see anything being blocked during the update attempt.  Since I'm now on the current version I'll have to wait until the next release to check safe mode.

• Moderators

Not sure as my CCleaner doesn't connect out :ph34r:

I'm sure someone will know. Also you have the pro version which allows you to ask for info and help directly from Piriform

https://piriform.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com