This will kill your computer

Andavari

• Moderators

Want to be horrified by a device that looks like an innocent USB Thumb Drive, then look at this YouTube video titled "This will kill your computer":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pP8TLwO_Ks

• Moderators

Wow! Haven't seen that before, and I'm guessing it would probably fry a desktop PC.

I have seen something quite the reverse of that, and that was last year when I was looking at standalone CD players for my home system.

I was trying a Denon cd player in a Newcastle hifi shop and when I plugged in my USB stick to check out the playback quality, I got an immediate smell of burning and a frozen display.

The damn thing had fried my USB stick which was playing fine in the car only minutes earlier!

It was only a 1gb stick for the car, and I got a 2gb stick to replace it. Thank you Denon.   :lol:

• Moderators

Wow! Haven't seen that before, and I'm guessing it would probably fry a desktop PC.

There's other videos on YouTube, just search for USB Killer.

People had fried the head units in cars, tablets, TVs, phones, etc., with a USB Killer. Those things should be illegal.

Double Wow, I've never heard or seen anything like that.........why the hell would some one want to even build such a thing? 

It's definitely a cruel world at times.

So I've passed this info on.............so many thanks Andavari for the heads up.  

Always With Kind Regards

Tasgandy

"one is never too old to listen & learn"