HD Tune Translation Please

krit86lr

It's a warning. Like this one. Just change "Mike" to "krit."

system0030ls.jpg

Just Kidding!

T.E.C. is "Threshold Exceeded Condition" and basically it means a disk failure. When your Drive Health software reports a "Nearest T.E.C." you should consider it as a "Failure date."

From drivehealth.com.

The seek time of a hard disk measures the amount of time required for the read/write heads to move between tracks over the surfaces of the platters.

From storagereview.com.

Hope this helps 'till Dj is around :) .

Thank you. That does help some. But I'm thinking that HD Tune isn't very accurate because it just changed it's mind. <_<

hddhealth34ri.th.jpg

hddhealth40hx.th.jpg

Oh well! I suppose that my HDD will be okay until this summer when I replace everything. Goin' for the x64 finally. :)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Sorry. One more translation. I've been avoiding learning about this stuff for awhile now, but I need to start learning now. Thanks again. :P

benchmark6ip.th.jpg

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

The program receives all data from the hard drive, so it's your hard drive that is changing its mind. A TEC date is listed because the drive thinks that's when it's going to fail completely. Now I realize what SMARTass is missing.... and I don't think I will be putting it in DAF just yet.

Also, this is why the SMART command failed. Backup your data now, see a local technician, and ghost your drive's data to a new one; it's going to die. TEC dates are pretty unreliable, so you'd better take no chances.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Word up.

Okay, well I've already backed up my computer twice this week, just to be safe. But why should I see a technician if I'm just going to replace my HDD? Or are you telling me to see a technician to replace my HDD for me? :lol:

K

Well, if you are getting a new machine and/or hard drive, and you're familiar with setting everything up, no big deal. But if you were going to keep this machine, you'd want to ghost the contents of this drive over to a new drive so you wouldn't have to reinstall everything.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

HDD death is near. :( 4/16/2006

Sorry to hear that. Hope it holds out for as long as you need it to! If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask. You've helped a lot of us and we'd love to return the favor :) .

Through my many years of hands on experience I can tell you exactly what NOT to do :unsure: ...