Cookies cleaning (Win7) after v5.23

reneweesp

• Moderators

Internet explorer must be exited and any applications that render with ie (such as outlook or quicken) must also be closed. This is due to changes in internet explorer itself. .23 also had a bug relating to this but I believe it was fixed in .24

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Internet explorer must be exited and any applications that render with ie (such as outlook or quicken) must also be closed. This is due to changes in internet explorer itself. .23 also had a bug relating to this but I believe it was fixed in .24

It was NOT fixed. See my previous post in this thread. https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=47334

The requirement to close Windows Explorer to clean temporary files, history and cookies was introduced with v5.23 - it is NOT due to changes in windows explorer since v5.22 continues to clean these files without closing windows explorer.  I expect many other users will also find this an irritant and would like to see CCleaner address it.

The requirement to close Windows Explorer to clean temporary files, history and cookies was introduced with v5.23 - it is NOT due to changes in windows explorer since v5.22 continues to clean these files without closing windows explorer.  I expect many other users will also find this an irritant and would like to see CCleaner address it.

Agreed. version 5.22 works fine on Windows 7 with IE 11. I suspect the requirement to close IE has something to do with Windows 10 and the Edge browser. Somehow CCleaner needs to be aware of what OS it is installed on. As I have not yet been perverted er... converted to Windows 10, I have not tested on that OS.