Program starts despite being disabled in the Startup list.

syncopator

I have Ashampoo's Uninstaller 6 installed, and have it disabled in CCleaner, but it always starts when the system (Windows 10) starts.

Is this a CCleaner fault or something else?

Equal rights for equal responsibilities.

Equal opportunities for equal abilities.

• Moderators

Does this help ...

Some info on Ashampoo Uninstaller 5 v.5.00 which is more detailed than anything I could find on v 6. I'm assuming that v6 will be similar in it's install characteristics. For example have a look in scheduled tasks for a v6 entry similar to the v5 entry shown below.

I couldn't say as to whether CCleaner would or could override a scheduled task as I don't run any. But probably not.

Scheduled Task
  • UI5.exe is scheduled as a task with the class '{31772069-96EA-405E-B0FA-1F7300D8D37D}' (runs on registration).
Scheduled Task (Boot/Login)
  • UI5Guard.exe is automatically launched at startup through a scheduled task named Ashampoo Uninstaller 5 Guard.
Startup File (User Run)
  • UI5Log.exe is loaded in the current user (HKCU) registry as an auto-starting executable named 'Ashampoo Uninstaller 5 Reboot' and executes as "C:\Ashampoo\UnInstaller\UI5Log.exe" -REBOOT 5488 289679.
Startup File (All Users Run)
  • UI5Guard.exe is loaded in the all users (HKLM) registry as a startup file name 'Ashampoo Uninstaller 5 Guard' which loads as "C:\Program Files\Ashampoo\Ashampoo UnInstaller 5\UI5Guard.exe" -TRAY.

I don't have Win10 so I'm not sure if the install will be the same as for up to Win8, which the above relates to.

Anyways, scheduled tasks is a good place to start, and in the meantime one of our Win10 running members may chip in if things are drastically different with that operating system.

:)

• Moderators

Depending upon the program, such as something built into Windows or even with some drivers some will self-register themselves to always start with the system.

Such as the annoying behaviour of Kodak printer/scanner software, you can disable it, however as soon as you print/scan something it will self-register to start with Windows again.

Edited by Andavari
typos

Thank  you DennisD

There is nothing related to it in the task scheduler.  Don't know what to think now.  

Andavari,

Yes I've experienced infuriatingly undisciplined software too. 

I had elected to follow this thread but it didn't happen.

Edit:  I had another look in task scheduler and found it under a confusing name.  I've disabled it.

Edit 2:  It still started.  I then deleted the task from the scheduler but the damned thing still starts.  I will ask Ashampoo to see if they can help.

Solved:  It's not CCleaner's fault, neither is it task scheduler's.  I'm embarassed to say that it's mine.

I had missed the fact that there is a checked box which lets it start at boot.   :wub:

Equal rights for equal responsibilities.

Equal opportunities for equal abilities.