CCleaner Community Forums
Dave-H

Wrong number of RAM slots reported

I am using the latest free version of Speccy 1.29.714 with a Supermicro X7DAL-E motherboard.

Everything is fine except that Speccy thinks that my board has 8 RAM memory slots, whereas it actually only has 6!

:lol:

rest assured the Devs do read all threads.

if they needed more info, they would have asked.

as you have discovered, Speccy is not perfect.

sadly most of it's misreporting is just firmware data it is passing on.

Same issue on Lenovo Flex 4-1480, I just took the whole thing apart after getting additional memory to upgrade with another 8GB since Speccy said their were two memory slots - nope - only 1 - Less than pleased - however, I have been using and recommending Piriform software for years and this is the first time I have had an issue - So, hundred plus systems, countless processes, first issue, track record is a whole lot better than the crap Microsoft puts out.

just in case it helps, make sure you are using the latest recently released version of Speccy, available here; https://www.piriform.com/speccy/builds

also, and I've only seen it in one laptop, but the back panel access plate gives you access to one area of memory slots, usually two, but there could be another slot under the keyboard.

as I said, only seen it once, so check your specs just in case there really is two, and only one of them is easy to get to.