exclude

sussertown

• Moderators

are you referring to Office MRU lists or MRU's in general?

for Office, in CC, on the Applications tab, in the Applications section, untick any Office listed entry.

I also found I had to use the following EXCLUDE; %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Office\Recent\

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

• 1 year later...

I have the same question as the OP. How can I exclude the Quick Access list in Windows Explorer (Windows 10) from being cleaned?

I have unchecked "Recent Documents" and "Other Explorer MRUs", but the Quick Access list still disappears. I use this feature all the time and it's frustrating to lose the shortcuts to your most recent work, just because you run CCleaner.

• Moderators

the only box ticked in my CC Windows Explorer section is Thumbnail Cache and my Quick Access entries have never disappeared, so give that a whirl.

failing that, another thing I've customised CC with is that EXCLUDE from post #2.  (but I don't see a connection, but we are talking MS)

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried it this afternoon. I found out that the "Taskbar Jump Lists" deletes the Quick Access file list.

It's not necessarily intuitive and the explanation on the Piriform page doesn't give much more clarification.

https://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/ccleaner-rules/windows-tab/windows-explorer-files

The relation I can find is when you right click on for instance the Excel icon, you see the most recent files at the top of the taskbar pop-up. This list is aggregated from all programs in Quick Access.