Do you need to update the free version of CCleaner?

jorb

Do you need to update the free version of CCleaner to a the latest free version?

If you need to, how do you update to the latest free version?

Do you have to uninstall the old version first?

Thanks,

• Moderators

Just go to the ccleaner builds page here

https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/builds

Download it to your PC/laptop.

Double-click on it and it will automagically overwrite the version you are running to the new one.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Depends on your definition of "need" but in order to ensure that browsers are properly cleaned, and to avoid bugs that may have existed in older versions of ccleaner, it's probably wise to update

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

Depends on your definition of "need" but in order to ensure that browsers are properly cleaned, and to avoid bugs that may have existed in older versions of ccleaner, it's probably wise to update

My definition of "need": Being the most effective in what it's intended purpose.  

If you have the "Automatically check for updates to CCleaner" box checked, does the free version auto update?

My free version is 5.08.5308 (64 Bit)

What is the latest version?

When are new versions released?

If the free version does not auto update, is there away to be notified when a new free version is released?

My free version of CCleaner says, in the lower right hand corner "New version click to download".

When I click, I'm sent to what I believe is the upgrade page to CCleaner Professional. v5.18.5607

Does the free version have a different version number?

If the free version does not have a different version number, how do you differentiate between the paid versions and the free version?   

Thanks,

• Moderators

Free version does not autoupdate, only inform you of an update. then it takes you to the official download page (edit: by way of offering the pro version, it seems, but look at the page and you'll find what you need to continue to the free version).

Pro version autoupdates and can do it "silently" if set to do so.

Your version is, roughly, ten months old (both the free and paid version use the same ver # and both are indeed 5.18 as of this posting).

While it is not essential to update, the reasons I described in the previous post above should be reason enough for a normal user to update. updates come on a fairly strict monthly basis, barring large bugs which make the program unusable/dangerous - though, it should be noted, I can remember this only occurring 1 time in my entire experience using ccleaner.

If one does encounter a bug, while using an old version, s/he will be hardpressed to receive any aid from this community forum or developer's support site until/unless s/he updates to the latest and can recreate the bug on said version.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

My free version of CCleaner says, in the lower right hand corner "New version click to download".

When I click, I'm sent to what I believe is the upgrade page to CCleaner Professional. v5.18.5607

This is normal.

It can be a bit confusing if you are not used to it; what you do next is-

• Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the 'No Thanks' button.
  • You will be taken to another page from which you can download the latest Free version. (or buy one of the professional versions).

Click on the download button for the free version and it will download a file called 'ccsetup###.exe' to your computer.

(You may be redirected to the Filehippo page, if you are then be sure to click the GREEN download botton there, not the Blue one).

• Double click on 'ccsetup###.exe' that has been saved to your computer and it will install the latest free version, overwriting the previous version.

*** Out of Beer Error ->->-> Recovering Memory ***

Worried about 'Tracking Files'? Worried about why some files come back after cleaning? See this link:
https://community.ccleaner.com/topic/52668-tracking-files/?tab=comments#comment-300043

I think I have this figured out.

I upgraded and now it says on the lower right hand corner of the CCleaner control panel "Check for Updates"

Before it said "New version click to download" 

When I clicked on "Check for Updates" it opens this page.

On the upper left hand corner of that page now it says: "You have the latest version"

I upgraded twice, once yesterday to v5.18.5607 and again today, because a new version 5.19.5633 was released today 6/21/16 Release Notes

Thanks for the Help,

When I clicked on "Check for Updates" it opens this page.

(You may be redirected to the Filehippo page, if you are then be sure to click the GREEN download botton there, not the Blue one).

you can download the latest verison of Ccleaner from Piriform.com and download it directly

sroll down on this page to the bottom to BUILDS and you can download directly from piriform (you can choose what kind of file you want - portable, standard, slim)

look here:

ec4ef1-1466803654.jpg

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"