Piriform is jeopardizing my security and everyone elses

Guest klappa

Guest klappa

The administrator let me know i can't remove my forum account because there's no removal form or any kind because of this absolutely silly statement.

https://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=36419

Really instead you let inactive users reveal their e-mail addresses and passwords until the day comes when there's a database breach. I have no way to remove my account and it's containing information since you refuse to delete "any" accounts!

Great work great work Piriform!

/Sarcasm

• Moderators

That topic you reference is what the mod staff was told back then at that time by the then active admin of the forums which led to the posting of that topic since so many (actually too many) people were requesting account removal.

I'll ask the question again to the brand new admin's to see if they can or can't.

• Moderators

Really instead you let inactive users reveal their e-mail addresses and passwords until the day comes when there's a database breach.

True.

But no more so than any of the other 101 sites that also have your personal details.

You can go in and edit your Piriform profile details to be nonsensical garbage if you wanted.

Changing your email address in your profile will inactive your account, and there should be no reason why you can't make the 'new' email address some random bunch of characters that at least adhere to the email naming convention.

Backup now & backup often.
It's your digital life - protect it with a backup.
Three things are certain; Birth, Death and loss of data. You control the last.