CCleaner Community Forums
ff-rec

ext4 recovery?

Hello,

I need to recover all the files from my ext4 hd. I am using windows 7 and the latest version of Recuva but it can't access the hd.

Any help please?

Last I checked recuva didn't do ext4 but that may have changed.

latest version seems to do it:

Ok, I'm not sure why it didn't for you. Hmm, does windows see and assign a drive letter to the drive?

The last time I faffed about with ext4 it wasn't able to be mounted under Windows, so I had to use a piece of freeby software to act as an intermediary. Not very convenient, and I don't know if Recuva would be able to handle it, but better than formatting to NTFS (you would have to do a deep scan).

It would help if the release notes were a little more expansive.

Ok, I'm not sure why it didn't for you. Hmm, does windows see and assign a drive letter to the drive?

windows is having a hard time reading the drive actually...

The last time I faffed about with ext4 it wasn't able to be mounted under Windows, so I had to use a piece of freeby software to act as an intermediary. Not very convenient, and I don't know if Recuva would be able to handle it, but better than formatting to NTFS (you would have to do a deep scan).

It would help if the release notes were a little more expansive.

i have tried ext2fsd and extfs for windows and in both cases windows can't read the drive... do you remember which software you used?

also, my case is the following i lost all my files in the drive (ext4) if i format to ntfs (in case i cant get recuva to read the drive) would i be able to recover them?

thanks bro.

I think I used DiskInternals Linux Reader, which does not assign a drive letter. You could try Ext2Fsd, which does assign a drive letter (ext2fsd.com).