new computer recommendation

upgrade

I have a Compaq Presario with the following specs: CPU AMD Sempron LE 1300; RAM 2.00 gb single channel DDR2 @385 mHX (6-6-6-18) Motherboard pegatron (socket AM2) graphics Compaq Q1859 128 mb NVIDIA GeForce 6150se  Storage 298 gb SCSI disk device (SATA) Optical Drives hpc DDV DW TS-H653R cdrom device

I need recommendations to upgrade this one or purchase a new one.  Please Help Me

hello,

have you looked at the compaq homepage? there is a list with supported cpus for your mainboard...

Versions of CCleaner Cloud; Introduction Ccleaner Cloud;

Ccleaner-->System-Requirements; Ccleaner FAQ´s; Ccleaner builds; Scheduling Ccleaner Free

Es ist möglich, keine Fehler zu machen und dennoch zu verlieren. Das ist kein Zeichen von Schwäche. Das ist das Leben -> "Picard"

Also go to the motherboard's site. 

That AM2 socket accepts some very good CPUs. 

If you do upgrade, use the thermal paste recommended by AMD. 

I did and it has lasted for years. 

Thermal past is a critical component and shouldn't be an afterthought.  :) 

The CCleaner SLIM version is always released a bit after any new version; when it is it will be HERE :-)

Pssssst: ... It isn't really a cloud. Its a bunch of big, giant servers.

• Moderators

Part of me thinks this is set-up spam

However, I'll play along.

What, exactly, is the major function of the computer in your life (i.e. gaming, writing, e-mail, web, netflix, etc etc)?

Would you be interested in a laptop, a desktop all-in-one or are you set on a tower?

Why, I'm just wondering, would you choose this forum as a place that can help you decide; we can, don't get me wrong, but it seems an odd way of introducing yourself to the community.

Edit:

Also Thermal past is a critical component and shouldn't be an afterthought. :)

Yes otherwise the Future is cold.

:lol: Thermal Past

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

I am a novice user.  I do mostly bible research, play zuma and a few more games and do some emailing to inquiries.  I am only seeking some advice. I know Scripture but not computers.  I chose this site because I had the cccleaner and noticed this forum.  I hope that I have not offended any members.

Thanks,

Rev Dr Lloyd Roberts, ThD

• Moderators

No, no offense taken, it's just hard at times to differentiate between human and spam bot, think of it as a sort of "turing test"

So you don't really need a powerful pc (you aren't making movies with it or playing graphic intensive games (the type "teens play")

I'd suggest and windows 10 pc with at least an i5 processor (i3 tend to cause the computer to have hic-ups in my experience and an i7 might be more than you need and is more expensive) you don't really need to do any customization so a Dell, HP (if you want good touchscreen, which definitely will change your Zuma play-time into something a lil more active ;) ) or Toshiba should find you something fairly fast an in expensive.

I'm going to suggest the extended warranty as computers will act with unpredictable behavior (especially when they are dealing with less technical minded people).

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com