piriform speccy summary

ineedhelp64

How do I interpret the information/summary after running speccy?,  how do I know if the temperature of the harddrive  is to hot? I ran it because my computer shuts down after using it for about an  hour? I replaced the main fan approximately 2 years ago, but I don't know how to check if the fan on the motherboard or the other fan that is in my computer is defective?

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro 32-bit

CPU

AMD Athlon II X3 445 78 °C

Rana 45nm Technology

RAM

2.00GB Single-Channel DDR2 @ 400MHz (5-5-5-15)

Motherboard

ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A785-M (AM2) 78 °C

Graphics

Acer AL1714 (1280x1024@60Hz)

895MB ATI Radeon HD 4200 (ASUStek Computer Inc)

Storage

149GB Seagate ST3160023AS ATA Device (SATA) 39 °C

7GB USB DISK 2.0 USB Device (USB)

- Your CPU & motherboard are HOT !!! (both 78 degrees C) but your HD is OK (only 39 ).

- To check whether or not your fans are running or defective you need to open your computer case (I assume it's a desktop computer ?? because it has two fans ??) and just see if the fans are working. Or can you see/feel a flow of air ?

(Running Win 10 Pro on a 2GB system and a 150 GB HD ? I would recommend to have at least 4GB. But I don't know if your motherboard can handle that much (DDR2) memory).

System setup: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/gcNzIPEjEb0B2khOOBVCHPc

A discussion always stimulates the braincells !!!

Thank you Wily2, yes it is a desktop. I opened the case; I have 4 fans, they are working and there is airflow. However they were all coated with dust. I cleaned & blew out case but it still shuts down.I can't remember if the shutting down started before or after upgrading to Windows10. Should I replace the fan on the motherboard? Downgrade back to Windows 8 or add more RAM?

- What are the temperatures now ? Does the CPU have a fan ? Does those fans make good contact with the e.g. CPU ? Sometime one needs to add a (fresh) layer of heat conducting paste between the fan and the e.g. CPU.

- Is perhaps a process called "svchost.exe" using a lot of memory and CPU ? it also can push the temperature of the CPU higher. (People are having this kind of problem recently and it's Windows Update related).

Yes the temperatures are still high after cleaning of all the dust. When I turn on the cpmputer and run specchy, it is at 41 degrees and continues to climb. i have a fan on the motherboard and 3 others in the CPU. I feel the air circulating. Pardon my ignorance I am a novice with a little bit of information :) what is "heat conducting paste"? And yes the "svchost.exe" is using a lot of memory I seem to have more than one running in the processes, when I look into task manager. I originally thought it was a virus! Suggestions?

- If CPU time of one "Svchost.exe" process is high (25% or more) and/or using A LOT OF memory then it could be "Windows Update" related. Open Resource Monitor (Processor tab) and see under "Services". If the Service called "Wuauserv" is using a lot of CPU then (temporarily) disable that Service. Then that CPU time should drop to zero and the CPU itself should cool down after say 2 to 5 minutes.

- Enable Windows Update every day for a short while. Perhaps then it will be able to obtain the updates for your system. Just be patient.

• Moderators

Faulty/failing Graphics Card or RAM can also cause the system to shutdown - usually doesn't take a full hour though for it to start causing problems. Problem with all that heat buildup is it can damage other components. What I had back in December 2015 was a Graphics Card fan died and killed the card completely and it took out a stick of RAM with it.

I think i solved part of the problem...the small fan in the front of the computer is not working...somehow it became unplugged or was never plugged in ...I am not sure...I plugged it in and its working; the temperature of the CPU still flucuating between 41 degrees and 53 degrees...the motherboard is at 58 degrees. I am going to do the other suggestions with the svc host next. Is there a normal temp for CPU & Motherboard?

- 53 to 58 degrees is already much better.

- Make sure there's enough free room around the computer case for the air to flow freely. Like a human being a computer system also needs to be able to "breathe". Could also lower the temperature (somewhat).

- My personal opinion is that Win 7 and newer require at least 4 GB of memory. Open Resource Monitor (memory tab).

http://www.howtogeek.com/school/using-windows-admin-tools-like-a-pro/lesson6/all/

If the "In Use" memory remains at say 90% or more for most of the time then adding more memory is certainly an option. Then memory is the most pressing issue for you.

- Don't (try to) delete them. "Svchost.exe" are the processes controlling the Services, an essential part of Windows. And one of those Services the Firewall or Windows Update. You can't disable Svchost.exe but you can (temporarily) disable the Windows Update Service.