"Message" from CCleaner, unknown to me

cheral

Hello to everyone. I've used CCleaner for at least two years now, and it's a wonderful program. A special thanks to the genius(s) who created it!

I have a friend whom I visit by email, and, from comments she's made, I suspect that her computer is bogged down with excess garbage. I recommended CCleaner to her; she downloaded and installed the most recent version; and says that right after she clicks the "Analyze" button, she gets this message: "Details of files to be cleaned." Then, nothing more happens.

I've never heard of such a thing with CCleaner. My friend has an HP/Compaq computer, running Windows XP, and I know little more than that. Sorry. I don't know if anyone can give me a clue -- or, if not, I'll recommend this forum to my friend, as she can tell you more about her computer. Thanks a million!

I have a friend whom I visit by email, and, from comments she's made, I suspect that her computer is bogged down with excess garbage. I recommended CCleaner to her; she downloaded and installed the most recent version; and says that right after she clicks the "Analyze" button, she gets this message: "Details of files to be cleaned." Then, nothing more happens.

After the message: "Details of files to be deleted:", are the files listed, or is there nothing listed at all? Does CCleaner actually freeze, or does it finish analyzing and just not list anything?

Although it is doubtful, there is the possibility that she literally has nothing for CCleaner to clean. Perhaps she ran Windows Disk Cleanup beforehand, and has no applications supported by CCleaner... but once again, this is doubtful.

I would suggest that she try clicking the 'Run Cleaner' button, and see if it finds and deletes any files that way. If that works, there may just be a bug in the analyze routine, but if it doesn't work, let me know, and myself (along with everyone else on this forum) will try to think of some more suggestions. :)

Save a tree, eat a beaver.

Save a tree, wipe with an owl.

Every time a bell rings, a thread gets hijacked!

ding, ding!

Give Andavari lots of money and maybe even consider getting K a DVD-RW drive.

If it's not Scottish, IT'S CRAP!!!

After the message: "Details of files to be deleted:", are the files listed, or is there nothing listed at all? Does CCleaner actually freeze, or does it finish analyzing and just not list anything?

Although it is doubtful, there is the possibility that she literally has nothing for CCleaner to clean. Perhaps she ran Windows Disk Cleanup beforehand, and has no applications supported by CCleaner... but once again, this is doubtful.

I would suggest that she try clicking the 'Run Cleaner' button, and see if it finds and deletes any files that way. If that works, there may just be a bug in the analyze routine, but if it doesn't work, let me know, and myself (along with everyone else on this forum) will try to think of some more suggestions. :)