Simple fastest way to get specific files

taylor1277

I am using Recuva free, only because I don't know if the paid version would do any better. What i want to do is find my documents first, .odt, pdf is mostly what i used. and i want to know is there a way that i can get these files first and only these files. then i want to do mp3 files and those only, then photos and those only so that when i recover them, i can recover them and put them in a file by their specific files. is there a way to do this. 

• Moderators

Unfortunately not. Recuva scans the Master File Table, and entries there are allocated in a first come first served manner, not in any name order. So Recuva has to scan the entire MFT to find all the files of a particular type.

You could run a scan with no selection criteria, then (in Advanced Mode) type .odt in the Filename/Path box. This will filter the results. Recover what you wish, then replace .odt with .pdf etc. You don't have to rescan between filters.

So what i am after I assume, it is best if i recover all my photos and send them to a specific folder, then go back and recover documents send them to another folder and then send my music files to another folder. When i do recover all the files, i am just trying to cut down on going through the recover file and sorting out everything. 

• Moderators

Be sure to recover (and write to folder) to a separate partition or even more preferably a completely different piece of hardware (hdd, sdd, flash drive) if you do not every file you recover will lessen the chance of the next file(s) successful recovery.

ADVICE FOR USING CCleaner'S REGISTRY INTEGRITY SECTION

DON'T JUST CLEAN EVERYTHING THAT'S CHECKED OFF.

Do your Registry Cleaning in small bits (at the very least Check-mark by Check-mark)

ALWAYS BACKUP THE ENTRY, YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU'LL BREAK IF YOU DON'T.

Support at https://support.ccleaner.com/s/?language=en_US

Pro users file a PRIORITY SUPPORT via email support@ccleaner.com

well thank you everyone, i think i got it. i recovered my photos into a folder of their own, left Recuva open. at the top then went to music and recovered them to another folder of their own, and have to do documents now. thank you for the advice and help